Pre-Match Thread

John

4 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

2 weeks ago I had a conflicting dream about this game. We won 4-0 but Tammy scored all our goals, and was on loan from Chelsea.

Ah, if only he was still on loan to us from Chelsea, sigh. : (

This game is just massive. If we can possibly win this it could change everything.  Give us a cushion of 2 teams between us and the zone. 

I just pray we do this right. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

article-2368973-1AE02EFB000005DC-709_308

True! :s We need to win this to still have a decent chance of Stayin' Alive.

That chest hair's surely got to be fake, hasn't it?

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

2 weeks ago I had a conflicting dream about this game. We won 4-0 but Tammy scored all our goals, and was on loan from Chelsea.

Due to the technicality of the extended season delaying his loan to us he will just have to score 4 own goals 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, robby b said:

True! :s We need to win this to still have a decent chance of Stayin' Alive.

That chest hair's surely got to be fake, hasn't it?

That's just Jive Talkin 

Not a huge fan of Hause or Konsa, but I am happy to mostly stick with the starting XI v Blades.

Steer

Konsa Hause Mings Targett

McGinn Nakamba Hourihane

Samatta Davis Grealish

Got to figure out a way to get Davis and Samatta into the same XI - I think this will be vital for our season. 

I can't see us winning this one, I think they have too much quality and the 5 subs rule is going to help them more. We played a few days ago, the likes of Grealish and McGinn will tire quicker than them and we can't afford to take them off while they can rotate their entire attack. The one weak area they do have is their CBs, I'd be looking to get Davis onto them but we need to get players around him when we do that.

I am more concerned about us using too much energy before the Newcastle game, which will be 3 matches in a week. We have to win that and it is winnable.

Is Engels out injured?  I'd prefer him over Hause at CB.   He has an ability to occasionally head a corner on frame and doesn't pass the ball to the opposition at the top of the box.

This match represents another opportunity to get 3 points which under normal circumstances you wouldn't fancy us at all. I say that based on what we've seen so far in terms of performances from teams since the restart. Games have started slowly and goals in the first halves have been sparse with only 4 coming in 8 matches. We've got that first match out of the way and so should be up to speed more than Chelsea. I think the first 20 minutes will be crucial in determining a positive result for us and coming out of the traps all guns blazing before they have a chance to settle will be key. We need to transfer that extra sharpness into goals early on before Chelsea have time to adapt and use their stronger squad later on in the game. If we're to avoid going down then we have to beat one of the bigger teams at some point. We probably won't have a better chance than today. Oh... and for once... no silly errors please!

51 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side for this match would be:

Nyland

Guilbert Konsa Mings Targett

McGinn Luiz Nakamba

El Ghazi Davis Grealish 

Subs: Reina, Taylor, Elmohamady, Hause, Trezeguet, Samatta, Jota, Hourihane

Why no Conor? One of the best players on Wednesday

7 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

For me, he didn't show as much as I hoped. Great when a shot is on or for a free kick. But goes missing for long periods 

But he doesn't do costly mistakes that Nakamba tends to do.

Respect your opinion but to me i don't trust Nakamba. 

• Like 1

the chronicles of narnia film GIF

Morning all, have to say I have very little belief that we’re going to stay up (lack of goals, clean sheets etc), but a positive result today would give me some hope.  

We need a win against a top side and being their first game back, perhaps we can catch them cold?  He’s hoping for a 1-0 or a 2-1 win.