Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The big disagreement is over how much Dean Smith is responsible. I think he takes far too much flak for having an inexperienced, defensively weak squad (especially when Heaton and McGinn are injured, and Mings has been in and out of the team).

We have one genuine DM in the whole squad, and he can't pass a football properly. We have Neil Taylor as a genuine starting option at left back. We have a right back who can't speak English. Etc. Etc. Smith can't work miracles.

Compare Bruce's defensive set up in 2017-18: Johnstone, Elmo, Hutton, Chester, Terry, Jedinak with our current setup of Reina, Guilbert, Targett, Engels, Mings, Nakamba. It's hardly a massive improvement is it? Clearly the second list of players (Reina excepted) have age on their side, but that won't happen overnight.

People seem to be behaving as if Dean Smith has had it all served up on a plate for him, and he has **** an open goal. It's nonsense.

I have not directed my criticism at Dean Smith.....I am merely highlighting the criteria that's conspiring to prevent us staying in this division....there is a clear difference any innuendo or author implication lies with the recipient.

folk will have their own opinions where blame lies or where it doesn't.

but the facts are unavoidable, its futile to suggest differently.

I hear your claims of mitigation, and agree, but the responsibility, lies somewhere.

where I disagree with some is, they seem to feel relegation was ever likely under the circumstances presented, i think relegation was and is avoidable.

People have many opinions on our survival.....and so be it.....thats what its all about, but amongst those interesting opinions....there are some facts and without pointing fingers, we have jointly the worst defensive record....something that bugs me.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Going to be about 4-0 to Leicester

When some of you post things like this, I have to wonder if you think we have a secret stash of registered players to unleash on a match day.

It's the SAME SQUAD we have had to choose from all season (Plus January) you know?

Which player/s being included would have made it not "About 4 - 0 to Leicester" in your opinion?

• Like 2