Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Just now, Dave-R said:

Yes between Trez and Ghazi i can't catch my breath, We should of brought better quality Wingers in.

Yup and a striker, everyone could see that at the start of the season except smith 

• Like 1

These players are saving themselves for Wembley, it's plain to see. They gave their all last week against Spurs and 50% of that performance would have seen them compete today but they simply haven't. 

Reina has been terrible. Loads of them have. Only Samatta and Targett can come out of this with any credit. 

Just now, Dave-R said:

Yes between Trez and Ghazi i can't catch my breath, We should of brought better quality Wingers in.

Could go with a 4-4-2 diamond and ditch the wingers

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

The main reason I think Smith should stay is that we cannot continue the manager / rebuild merry go-round. Not sure that is a good enough reason on this showing.

Are we confident he will bring us back up? He did it last season, admirably, not so sure he would do it again.

Last season he had an op squad for the second half of the season. Including an England CB, one of the top scorers in the Premier League and a certain Jack Grealish. 

He won’t have any of that next season. No way he gets us up again. Woeful manager.

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

I hate Sherwood as he's a chancer, but some of our performances under Smith have been worse than Sherwood or Garde.

Today has been the worst I have seen since the mid 80s under Turner

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I agree and that has nothing to do with Smith. I said Trez looked rubbish from watching his highlight reels before he even arrived

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I give my 2 up to my son and Grandson......I don't want to see another Arsenal performance and Fear I would.

with Villa fans fighting amongst themselves outside, due to frustartion.

thats the kind of day, I envisage......sorry, for wearing my heart on my sleeve.

I'm with you and it's gutting to feel that way before the day. I might go if they were cheap tickets, but they're pricey ones and I'll have to buy 2 if I want someone to come with me as I doubt any of my mates will fancy forking out over £100 for a ticket to watch this shite.