WAHEY! It's a JOKE thread : Enter at your own risk.

villadude

Best jokes of the Edinburgh Fringe, according to comedians selected by Dave. Cue disappointed groans, but some of them are fairly funny (more so in the context of watching the performance, I imagine).

Elton John hates ordering Chinese food. Soya seems to be the hardest word.

Phil Nicol – 12%

I’ll tell you what’s unnatural in the eyes of God. Contact lenses.

Zoe Lyons – 13%

Back in the day, Instagram just meant a really efficient drug dealer.

Arthur Smith – 13%

I spotted a marmite van on the motorway. It was heading yeastbound.

Roger Swift – 14%

Hillary Clinton has shown that any woman can be President, as long as your husband did it first.”

Michelle Wolf – 15%

Is it possible to mistake schizophrenia for telepathy, I hear you ask.

Jordan Brookes – 15%

Don’t you hate it when people assume you’re rich because you sound posh and went to private school and have loads of money?

Annie McGrath – 15%

Why is Henry’s wife covered in tooth marks? Because he’s Tudor.

Adele Cliff – 16%

I often confuse Americans and Canadians. By using long words.

Gary Delaney – 18%

Brexit is a terrible name, sounds like cereal you eat when you are constipated.

Tiff Stevenson – 20%

I went to a pub quiz in Liverpool, had a few drinks so wasn’t much use. Just for a laugh I wrote The Beatles or Steven Gerrard for every answer… came second.

Will Duggan – 20%

Apparently 1 in 3 Britons are conceived in an IKEA bed which is mad because those places are really well lit.

Mark Smith – 21%

I’ve been happily married for four years – out of a total of 10.

Mark Watson – 21%

Why is it old people say “there’s no place like home”, yet when you put them in one…

Stuart Mitchell – 25%

1. And the winner is...

My dad has suggested that I register for a donor card. He’s a man after my own heart.

Masai Graham – 27%

• Like 1

A well dressed guy went into a bar for a martini and found himself beside a scruffy-looking drunk who kept mumbling and studying something in his hand. The guy leaned closer while the drunk held the tiny object up to the light, slurring "Well, it looks like plastic." Then he rolled it between his fingers, adding, "But it feels like rubber."

Curious, the guy asked, "What do you have there?"

The drunk replied, "Damned if I know, but it looks like plastic and feels like rubber."

The guy said, "Let me take a look."

So the drunk handed it over. The guy rolled it between his thumb and fingers, then examined it closely. "Yeah, it does look like plastic and feel like rubber, but I don't know what it is. Where did you get it anyway?"

The drunk replied, "Out of my nose".

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Â