Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem with any negotiation is, don't piss your opponent off.....because if you do rationale thinking and compromise, goes out of the window.

I think it's even more than that - they are in danger of being the people with the last apple that are waiting and waiting for the price to go up while letting the apple rot.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's even more than that - they are in danger of being the people with the last apple that are waiting and waiting for the price to go up while letting the apple rot.

Ditto.

precisely my point, too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

If I take off my villa specs, he's shortly out of contract and entitled to speak to other clubs. One happens to be Barca. Not sure many (if any) footballers would be turning that down.

If we can take a decent offer we should consider it. If not and we think he strengthens us then we should play him. 

I'm never one for cutting off your nose to spite your face. Let's treat him with respect, it may well be remembered in the future if he's changing clubs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

If I take off my villa specs, he's shortly out of contract and entitled to speak to other clubs. One happens to be Barca. Not sure many (if any) footballers would be turning that down.

If we can take a decent offer we should consider it. If not and we think he strengthens us then we should play him. 

I'm never one for cutting off your nose to spite your face. Let's treat him with respect, it may well be remembered in the future if he's changing clubs.

I make no apology, for having my Villa specs on.....thats where they will stay in debating this....In a situation where I am unsure, I will always back the club....I support Aston Villa, not individual players.

This boy is 18 and has not yet established himself in the first team, playing mens football.....so what ever his demands are,in my opinion, are premature....There is plenty of time for huge contracts, when he is doing the business for the first team. That will be a time the club would be happy to oblige.

Lets not forget, he has encouraged these suitors to come and get him, with very little risk to them, so why wouldn't they chance their arm for a boy who excelled in boys's football, only.

We on the other hand have other players to consider and caving in to possible demands, can irk some of the players, who are happy to commit to us.....loyalty has to be seen to be rewarded....and team spirit nurtured.

For some time now, I have always had the impression, he had one leg out of bed, not really convinced he was "all in".....this can bring Character in to question, in which case that can be an issue, further on.

I accept, we are all speculating....but this situation seems to be marring all the other good work, going on......and in my opinion,not good enough to cause the fuss he is.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I don't think the Villa majority, including Gerrard, think he is currently good enough to make the first 11. Sure, if Carney had 2 or 3 years contract left and wasn't indicating to leave, we'd have given him game time this season in the hope we'd benefit from our development of him, in future seasons. I can see why Villa don't want to play Carney, currently still somewhat of a risk at PL level, just to develop him for his next club.

Obviously I'd still prefer Carney, or more to the point - his agent, to see sense and commit to a new Villa contract.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

He has absolutely zero chance of featuring in Barcelona's first team.

If he signs he will be in the B team and if he doesn't make the grade get shifted off to some no mark Belgian club in a few years time.

20m for a soon to be free agent 18 year old player who has barely kicked a ball for us would be unbelievable business. 

It's becoming a distraction now, so off you go, Carney.

• Like 2

He has every right to wait and see what offers he gets from other clubs and pick what’s most suitable.

We have every right to not play him until he signs a contract showing his commitment to the club.

We should not give him any more game time ahead of other players who are committed to the club.  If that means him waking away for free in 1 year, so be it.

Do not sell for less than £20m, and do not play him - a warning sent to any other player who was having similar ideations.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

20m for a soon to be free agent 18 year old player who has barely kicked a ball for us would be unbelievable business. 

It's becoming a distraction now, so off you go, Carney.

Tbf it’s only because fans are making it that way on social media. Everyone in Australia  right now probably aren’t even thinking about it.  It’s probably not one of Purslows/Lange’s priorities either. 

10 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

More to the point he could have a career ending injury in his next training session and have turned down the contract that made him a millionaire and set him for life. That’s the real danger with the ‘wait a year’ at his age.

Well that's certainly one of the risks he's taking, albeit his age probably means it isn't the biggest one. Another risk is simply that he's

hot.jpg

and in another 12 months - especially if he doesn't play much or at all - clubs may have moved on, there may be other young starlets with interesting contract situations, clubs may perceive him to be a troublemaker who puts money ahead of his development, etc etc.

He should capitalise on his current status, not risk it.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Will his priest be happy to take the Saudi blood money?

Haha it’s just funny how they’ve suddenly become an elite team poaching top rated  players along with the biggest names, they’ll have to earn that right not buy it with journalist blood.

Also from Carney’s perspective, what reason would he have to move there over staying here? There’s an argument for moving to a big name team challenging for the top 2/3 places. Struggling to see what they would offer him that he’s not going to get here over the next 3 years.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Haha it’s just funny how they’ve suddenly become an elite team poaching top rated  players along with the biggest names, they’ll have to earn that right not buy it with journalist blood.

Also from Carney’s perspective, what reason would he have to move there over staying here? There’s an argument for moving to a big name team challenging for the top 2/3 places. Struggling to see what they would offer him that he’s not going to get here over the next 3 years.

Seriously ?

I think he could easily start a decent quota of games for Newcastle over that period. As things stand I think Newcastle will closer to European football than Villa over the next 3 years.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Cataclysmic amounts of money. 

Guaranteed starts. 

Loads more money. 

• Like 2

Â