Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

You win some you lose some. Would be good to see how he turns out while at the Villa but i have a feeling he will go . He has serious talent . Even possibly world class, but he smells of Pogba. Not in a bad way. Just that he will find a slower league far more suited to his talent. He isnt aggressive enough at the moment for the prem. Thats probably the reason he is looked at for attacking midfield places rather than central midfield at the moment. 

If we lose him for probably 10 mill plus and we have signed Tim for virtually nothing then i cannot complain 

We have been very lucky over the years to keep nearly all of our best youngsters. The large majority didnt pan out but we always managed to keep them till their early 20s. 

If he goes he goes.. in a Dolph Lundgren accent. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

Just make sure there is a hefty sell-on clause in any deal. 

This will be our process now with youth and players who develop in the first team.

Sell and reinvest...and repeat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I imagine the lack of games recently is due to the fact he’s not signing, he featured a fair bit early on under Gerrard, overtaken by Iroegbunam  now.

Yeah, weird wording. Surely clubs would be alert whether he was getting game time or not.

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Did anyone else read that like he’s looking to leave because of not getting the game time? I’d love to see him get more minutes but if he’s making it clear that he doesn’t want to sign on, then I don’t see why we would give him time on the pitch only for another club to benefit.

Whether it reads like that or not, Romano won't have a clue what his reasons for leaving would be (if he does/wants to).

8 minutes ago, May-Z said:

This will be our process now with youth and players who develop in the first team.

Yep. Look at how Chelsea have been working . . Getting big money for Tomori , Guehy  , Livramento etc etc as well as bringing through Chalaboah   Mount  James . They have got the academy spot on and its how we need to replicate it . 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I disagree. It's been months of banging on about him not signing. Gerrard have him minutes and he did well there's no need to have not played him for even 1 minute for months.

Either as an 8 or a 10, we haven't been super since Jan. Sanson had minutes, got injured or 'unavailable' still no minutes as an 8. Traore and Trez got minutes before Afcon as 10s. 

There's been minutes available, he stopped getting used around the time it was last leaked in the press he wouldn't sign. 

Its been too long now of the same stuff coming out. Its not often I buy stuff from the press. I buy this. 

Yep, I also completely disagree with it. 

There's a difference between completely bombing him out and not giving him time. He's on the bench and around the first team because we want him to sign a deal. But if there's nothing back, it's of no benefit for us to start him and give him multiple opportunities if he's currently planning to leave. 

• Like 1

i don't see any harm in starting him from now til the end of the season. we've been all but safe for ages and mcginn and luiz have been inconsistent. luiz won't sign a new deal either, but he plays the majority of games. he's giving bailey a strong look when there's been rumours that he wants out as well. there's a lot that might be gained and little to lose, and even if he doesn't sign, so what? it was worth a shot. it's not like tim or anyone else is gonna be worse off for not playing the next five games.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I imagine the lack of games recently is due to the fact he’s not signing, he featured a fair bit early on under Gerrard, overtaken by Iroegbunam  now.

I think Carney and Tim are different players, not fighting for the same position.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Whether it reads like that or not, Romano won't have a clue what his reasons for leaving would be (if he does/wants to).

I was more just making the point as to the angle of the story being that poor Carney isn’t getting the game time he wants so he’s off, when the truth is more that he isn’t getting games due to not signing a contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

yeah this.

He still has over 12 months on his contract, so this summer we can:

a) try to get as much up front for him as we can (ie: 5/10m +, not sure whats possible).

b) Put a hefty sell on percentage in the deal.

If he doesnt want to be here, so be it, its not as if we havent shown as a club that we give youth chances if they are up to it (Ramsey/Timmy etc), so if he thinks he's better than that, good luck to him.

• Like 1

Villa hold quite a few cards here. For example we could just stop playing him at all (including U23's) for a year if he doesnt want to agree to sell on clause. See what that does to his development and how much money he can make at another club.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Could be great, will probably be decent, might be good, he's not good enough to start in this side right now so not sure how good he could be, but if we get a good fee and sell on, our academy is doing its job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think Carney and Tim are different players, not fighting for the same position.

True, but I doubt Gerrard is wanting to start more than one academy product at a time, whatever position they play in.

• Like 1

If he was showing he was good enough in training then I think he would have played more. Maybe he just isn’t ready / as good as all of the noise suggests he is… Still, as this is Villa we will lose him and he will go on to be world class. 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We've done a good job of poaching promising youngsters, I think looking vindictive towards ones that choose to move on would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

We are allowed to 😁

Â