Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

49 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I think its pretty telling when we didnt try to get Reina back that we are not interested in a new keeper.

We have 4 on the books already, 1 outstanding, 1 good, and 2 average. But they can all do a job if Heaton isnt fit. 

Really not a priority. 

Unless we intend to buy a goalkeeper because we’re not confident that Heaton’s recovery is going well? Admittedly we do already have a few. 

3 hours ago, rayk said:

It won’t be less, that I’m pretty sure of. Would love it to be the same level as last year but for that to happen w’re gonna have to let a few go.

You would assume we spent the absolute maximum last year and again you would assume that with a higher wage bill the total would have to be less than last year but then we have an increased amount we can lose this year because of the change in division.

Then of course it’s about how the owners want to move forward, way too many variables to know what the figure is

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You are very certain of things on each of the threads with nothing more than speculation and your own thoughts.  You argue things as if you side is fact and the other side is just BS or nonsense.  You may be right on a few things but you are going to be wrong on just as many things so I wouldn’t be as arrogant in your assertions as you are.

I’m confident about a few things and stick to my guns. Loads of other things which are really up:in the air and I’m as right or wrong as anyone.

i guess my confidence about getting a new keeper is that we obviously brought Reina in over Nyland as soon as Heaton gets injured, and we were linked to bringing in Ramsdale last week.

So I’d be amazed if we didn’t bring in another keeper.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

So the mail says we have been quoted16m for Eze meaning you can get him for slightly less....

how much more enticing could a deal be for a player that good for gods sake

41 minutes ago, rayk said:

Good post.

Leeds have manager, stadium/fan base and history. They also have the benefit of a powerful northern media.

We don’t have the same managerial draw (as much as I love DS), we don’t have any sort of media but we have a stadium/fanbase and history to beat Leeds imo.

We’re also a season ahead of Leeds and we have Jack and both those things are very important imo when it comes to attracting players.

I have said it before and I'll say it again.....we need to keep Jack and make a marquee signing, we may have to bite the bullet and buy one in.....but it will open the floodgates of intent and last seasons relegation battle will fade.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I work with a QPR fan and he says he’s a luxury player at best, be interesting to see if he can make the step up 

Out of all the players we’ve been linked to, he excites me the least. 

Of course, if he signs I’ll convince myself he is world class by watching every YouTube reel ever made with him in it. 

I dunno, he seems cavalier to me. 

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I work with a QPR fan and he says he’s a luxury player at best, be interesting to see if he can make the step up 

Most fans on here used to call Grealish that 

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m confident about a few things and stick to my guns. Loads of other things which are really up:in the air and I’m as right or wrong as anyone.

i guess my confidence about getting a new keeper is that we obviously brought Reina in over Nyland as soon as Heaton gets injured, and we were linked to bringing in Ramsdale last week.

So I’d be amazed if we didn’t bring in another keeper.

You've certainly came new onto this website with all guns blazing at people but that's your choice, you do remind us of another user whose been here a while, which is highly amusing.

Anyway you may be right but I'd be surprised if a keeper was anything more than 6 month loan.  As for links, I'm guessing we have asked about 100's of people over the last couple of months because if you dont ask you dont know about players value and there maybe a good deal somewhere that wasnt expected and I hope as a club we dont only go after our targets but also pick up opportune buys when quality comes around.  Ramsdale is quality but that maybe an opportune moment and not that we are looking necessarily for a keeper but you have to ask if a quality player is available.  From what I read our interest was only asking the price...I guess if they had said something that they thought was a deal...let's say 10m then something might happen but worth a question.  On the other hand we maybe seriously looking for another keeper.  I'm not convinced we are seriously looking for a keeper and we may just do a Reina type loan at best.

As for other players, whether it's Rashica, Watkins, Eduoard, Benrahma, McKennie, Basil Brush or Benny Hill.....I dont care, i care about positions and quality and for me our forward areas and another centre midfield are our prime concerns for the 4 players to get in.  I just see with some of the names linked being the equivalent level of players we have and we need better, we need quality players into our first XI because we just avoided relegation.  We need more support to Jack and we need, as a club, to take the next step forward.......so give me quality and I will be happy as I dont care about names, I just want quality.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

So as a bit of fun...  who will be our first signing? Inc loans.

I'm guessing it'll be somebody we havent talked about yet, probably a player from a foreign league and we'll all be youtubing him for hours with some people loving him and others hating him.

We'll probably also become friends with fans from that club and a fan forum of theirs as well with discussions about that player.

Edited by nick76