Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If put on low wages with incentives, he'd be a useful squad player with upside.

Pfft I couldn't see any use for him the guy even smokes, that's a disgrace for a footballer.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

@paul514 doesn't look long term @thabucks 

I've watched Collins  play plenty of times last few season's

Even suggested him to two clubs for a loan in past 18months.

I'd love to hear why Paul really doesn't rate him? 

Untrustworthy. Collins is from my part of Ireland, went to the school my sister teaches at. You just can’t trust those people.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, paul514 said:

There is a handful of really good players available but they aren't where we need after the signings we have made. Aarons and Buendia at Norwich, Sarr and Hughes at Watford, Brooks at Bournemouth and Benrahma at Brentford.

I’d take Brooks even if he wasn’t what we need. Could play as a RW or AM, basically another Jack Grealish in the squad.

Would be happy with Benrahma or Sarr too. 

38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Pretty sure Wilshere’s dad wouldn’t let him take low wages anywhere. Which may sadly end up costing him a couple of years somewhere.

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’d take Brooks even if he wasn’t what we need. Could play as a RW or AM, basically another Jack Grealish in the squad.

Would be happy with Benrahma or Sarr too. 

I know he is good but I rate Benrahma, Sarr and Buendia above him personally.

45 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I’d rather have Grant Holt. **** Jack wilshere, he’s **** shit, and has been for the last 5 years. Dining out on 1 performance his entire career. Joke of a professional too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

I know he is good but I rate Benrahma, Sarr and Buendia above him personally.

I rate them too, but he’s definitely on par with them. Our need is Sar then Benrahma and finally Buendia. As Buendia is similar to Traore. Benrahma plays better at left. Sar has the pace we lack. But Brooks is somehow like Grealish. A direct backup to Grealish and Barkley plus he could start with them too. I’d be happy with any of those, but after Traore I don’t think I will be getting Buendia.

23 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I rate them too, but he’s definitely on par with them. Our need is Sar then Benrahma and finally Buendia. As Buendia is similar to Traore. Benrahma plays better at left. Sar has the pace we lack. But Brooks is somehow like Grealish. A direct backup to Grealish and Barkley plus he could start with them too. I’d be happy with any of those, but after Traore I don’t think I will be getting Buendia.

Beundia is nothing like Traore, totally different style of play, everything. Sarr was very patchy last season. 

I swear some people are on a hype train with some players but have barely watched them

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

David Brooks is 23 he has scored 8 goals and provided 5 assists in his entire time at Bournemouth as a right winger/attacking midfielder/second striker according to Transfermarkt.

That is not a Jack Grealish back up he plays on the opposite side and a major step down. In this imaginary world where we can afford them this month Benrahma is the best back up for someone like Jack out of that bunch. Sarr would have been my top choice for the right.

Also Buendia is nothing like Traore like Kiwi said but he is wrong on Sarr 🙃

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Also Buendia is nothing like Traore like Kiwi said but he is wrong on Sarr 🙃

How am I wrong. He was completely patchy. 3 goals and 2 assists in 2 games vs Man U and Liverpool and 5 goals 6 assists season total. He is totally hyped because of scoring against those 2 teams. Watford paid 30m and want over 40m. 

We're never signing him and all the rumours linking us are total BS

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How am I wrong. He was completely patchy. 3 goals and 2 assists in 2 games vs Man U and Liverpool and 5 goals 6 assists season total. He is totally hyped because of scoring against those 2 teams. Watford paid 30m and want over 40m. 

We're never signing him and all the rumours linking us are total BS

We weren’t talking about what was likely just that there are some really good players in the championship this season.

As for hype let’s lay a few things out, he played in a relegation team for 11 goal involvements whilst his minutes on the pitch were the equivalent of 22 games.

The season before he got 15 goal involvements in Ligue 1 in the equivalent of 31 games.

In the same season in the Europa League he got 7 goal involvements in the equivalent of 8 games.

That is the mans output, without talking about his obvious abilities or the fact he is 22 and can play anywhere on the front line.

If we were a year ahead of where we are now and I were buying players to improve this team/squad he would be right at the top of the list.

Sarr, Barkley on a permanent, Sangare on a free (out of contract next summer), Aarons, Tuanzebe and Wijndal.

Kalinic, Elmo, Taylor, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Samatta out the door.

At that point I would consider us to have a full squad and expect to be competing for European places in the league.

Edited by paul514

Anyone who watched a decent amount of Watford games last season will tell you that Sarr was a standout player, at times teams couldn't cope with his pace down the right hand side, his improved form after Pearson came in played a big part in them improving and going on a good run. There's a reason he's being linked to the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool, and I think Watford are well within in their rights to want a profit on the £30m that they paid for him, put him a decent side and he'd soon be worth double that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

i've suggested both Souttar & Collins 18months ago to clubs i have  contact with for loan moves.

@Sulberto21& @TRO can confirm.

Harry Souttar is the one. 21 years of age and he is very talented. An upgrade on Engels for sure. Wins everything in the air and is comfortable with his feet. First couple of seasons I don't think he's going to be rocking the boat. 

Potentially he can displace Mings or Konsa. Potentially.

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Harry Souttar is the one. 21 years of age and he is very talented. An upgrade on Engels for sure. Wins everything in the air and is comfortable with his feet. First couple of seasons I don't think he's going to be rocking the boat. 

Potentially he can displace Mings or Konsa. Potentially.

Just had a look on my phone at him of course he wins everything in the air he’s 2 metres tall!!

all I could see is that he’s played a full season in league 1.

• Like 1