Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Haha! You know after I typed that, I thought watch someone pick up on that. 

I'll claim the assist if you don't mind 🙂 

Absoultely, you put it on a plate for me to be fair, let's hope we see that on the pitch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Who is Andy Ridgwell? Sounds like he's anothet one just posting things from here 

According to his Twitter bio he is: Ex deputy sports editor. 20 year experience. All view are my own. Massive Spurs fan and season ticket holder. Feel free to DM.

Sounds like a rocket polisher tbh. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

This would be along with the lines of my thoughts from the Kosovan journalist last night, and as I suspected.

The line "Rashica is glad with potential move to Aston Villa, this is important to fans" line was a slight "leak" to let fans know the dragging out of this is not actually from his side, or him throwing tantrums in a corner refusing to come here. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I think one thing that is important is the length of the contracts as it will reduce the figure from an accounting standpoint at the end of the year. 

However, I would like us to sell a player or two to at least make some money back that we can use against our outgoings. Surely we will sell a keeper and maybe someone like Lansbury, Jota - especially if we will bring in another midfielder/winger soon. All the new purchases are divided by the length of their contract and written off every year. 

Using the Guardians interactive tool for reference and the latest reports for Martinez, Traore.. (I have ignored add ons for the sake of simplicity)

• Matty Cash 16m on 5yr deal = 3.2m 
  • Ollie Watkins 28m on 5 year deal = 5.6m
  • Emiliano Martinez on 16m on a reported 4 year deal = 4m
  • Bertrand Traore on 17m on a reported 4 year deal = 4.25m 
  • Milot Rashica rumoured 18.5m and let's assume a 4 year deal = 4.625m

So that will mean an outlay of 21.675m in accounting terms on the books for next year. Any sales just go directly into the books in its entirety so a few sales would help us write off this cost and considering the lack of match day income for the forseeable future, I think it would just help the financial impact and keep us in financially a good position. Of course staying up and building is the main priority but I think there are some exciting times ahead if we can continue to add quality signings like this! :flag:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be the reason we have gone for Traore?

Maybe he chose Everton?

If he had both offers on the table they'd definitely be offering him much higher wages, and at a more established team, so that would make a lot of sense. I wouldn't have minded us signing him, but I'm also not overly bothered he isn't coming here.

49 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I hope Rashica's personal terms are agreed, that was the part I was most worried about, that he didn't want to come to Villa. 

The other part can be fixed with cash.  

Exactly...pay the man and damn his impudence!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1