Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

With Traore and Rashica, the latter of which looks like it might go until the end of the window, do we think the only other addition may be this fabled Number 8 from the Continent that was mentioned on the Athletic podcast last week?

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

With Traore and Rashica, the latter of which looks like it might go until the end of the window, do we think the only other addition may be this fabled Number 8 from the Continent that was mentioned on the Athletic podcast last week?

I still think we'll need an experienced CB as well. One injury and we're in trouble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Martinez and Rashica or

Martinez and Traore?

Martinez and traore i think are nailed down to happen in the next few days,  I would be surprised if rashica is tied up before Wednesday. Just get a feeling there's a midfielder which is under the radar.

If we could get rashica, martinez traore and a midfielder , we will have had an expensive and successful transfer window.

If only we could ship out our 2 keepers, jota, lansbury, hogan it would be a perfect window and our wages would be somewhat offset as I imagine all but jota got a pay rise when we went up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Yeah, we need a CM and CB, definitely. Whether they be squad players or starters doesn't matter, we need the depth.

Have to agree. I would say CB is more of a priority though. We’re one injury away from Hause and Konsa being our CBs. 

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I still think we'll need an experienced CB as well. One injury and we're in trouble.

As it stands we have

Engels, mings, konsa, hause,Gilbert who can play at CB. 

If we are looking for a 352 formation at some point then yes, we could do with another as Gilbert and hause are not ideal.

Problem being its another 15million plus for a half decent cb.

Just now, brummybloke said:

As it stands we have

If we are looking for a 352 formation at some point then yes, we could do with another as Gilbert and hause are not ideal.

I don't think Guilbert is much of an option, but like you say, assuming Konsa and Mings are first teamers, the backups are Engels and Hause. The question is whether you are comfortable with either of those coming in for whenever suspensions hit or Mings gets another injury. 

I'd like another quality CB, but I understand it's not a priority right now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

As it stands we have

Only two of those I trust and think are good enough. Konsa is still young so I wouldn't rule out a loss of form for him and Mings could easily pick up an injury. Either or both of those things happen and we have Hause and Engels at CB.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think Guilbert is much of an option, but like you say, assuming Konsa and Mings are first teamers, the backups are Engels and Hause. The question is whether you are comfortable with either of those coming in for whenever suspensions hit or Mings gets another injury. 

I'd like another quality CB, but I understand it's not a priority right now. 

I think the priority this season has been if there's a player who fits our profile and we can get them and they want to come, we will look to get them in.

I wouldnt discount a CB but I think our plan is to play more like the end of the season, more compact but have proper pace to counter. A better shield on the left of midfield instead of Connor would provide the protection for our defence to grow as a unit. 

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Only two of those I trust and think are good enough. Konsa is still young so I wouldn't rule out a loss of form for him and Mings could easily pick up an injury. Either or both of those things happen and we have Hause and Engels at CB.

Yep, mings has had spells injured since we have had him here. Engels there appears question marks over and konsa is still learning but improving.

Its whether we can get sufficient quality to be a starter or 1st 18 player without disrupting the development of konsa.

As much as hause isn't a baller, he is a fighter especially with the ariel threats of teams like Sheffield utd.

Wages also come into play so would expect us to have shifted on hogan jota and at least 1 other (lansbury clearly is going no where) which should release the best part of 70 to 80k pw. Before we got in a new CB.

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Only thing I'd like to add is a left back. Need to replace Taylor.

Much agreed. Taylor is the only one (excluding goalkeepers and non-starters) I really want shipped out/upgraded. He's just not close to good enough.

20 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

As it stands we have

Too be honest I don't think many teams outside the top 6 will have better 3rd and 4th choice CB than us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Other clubs are scrabbling around trying to find money down the back of the sofa to sign players.

We are looking at spending £100m on players that will improve the squad, but the negativity still seems to overpower the positivity.

It's pretty depressing.

What's depressing? the negative voices are just the the same people whinging. It makes them feel better. And what makes more balanced individuals feel better is ignoring that rubbish.