Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Could really do with some bigger presence in midfield I think, too powder puff as it stands, we need a Matic type in there, big and nasty.

Being as Bournmouth are having a firesale, why not Billing?

• Like 1

Bale would be the dream, but TBH, does he even want to play football anymore?  Having just read that Drinkwater story, and I don't mean to compare the football abilities and off-pitch problems of Danny Fookin' Drinkwater to Gareth Bale, but signing professionals who are on massive wages, are not playing regularly, and are past their prime is a bit scary to me.  If Bale had a chip on his shoulder and wanted to prove he was still an elite footballer and really wanted to come here because of the project we're selling him, I"m all for it.  On the other hand, if he's coming here to just be closer to home while collecting millions and playing golf at the Belfry, we should move on.  I don't know if that would be the case, but you'd think other clubs would be in for Bale if we realistically had a shot at getting him.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Bale would be the dream, but TBH, does he even want to play football anymore?  Having just read that Drinkwater story, and I don't mean to compare the football abilities and off-pitch problems of Danny Fookin' Drinkwater to Gareth Bale, but signing professionals who are on massive wages, are not playing regularly, and are past their prime is a bit scary to me.  If Bale had a chip on his shoulder and wanted to prove he was still an elite footballer and really wanted to come here because of the project we're selling him, I"m all for it.  On the other hand, if he's coming here to just be closer to home while collecting millions and playing golf at the Belfry, we should move on.  I don't know if that would be the case, but you'd think other clubs would be in for Bale if we realistically had a shot at getting him.

Bale’s finished, been a shadow of himself for 2 years now for wales 

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah!  Relegated 2 years in a row...  Might as well add a third to that list!

I don't rate him...

As much as that stat may be true, it isn’t a reflection on the player. Same way that “Grealish has lost 19 games in a row” stat didn’t reflect on Grealish solely. 

21 minutes ago, KMitch said:

If the right deal could be done he would play for a Dean Smith type of person 100%, its that sort of club now, not a Lerner Xia Bruce joke club. 

Edit... I know, I know, complete fantasy football pipe dream 

Edited by Phil Silvers

I didn’t watch much of Billing, other than when he played against Villa last season, but the guys on the Tifo Football Podcast (that seem to know their stuff), have mentioned how highly they rate him, and that Eddie Howe deployed him the wrong way, asking him to do too much, instead of just being a ball winning machine.

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I didn’t watch much of Billing, other than when he played against Villa last season, but the guys on the Tifo Football Podcast (that seem to know their stuff), have mentioned how highly they rate him, and that Eddie Howe deployed him the wrong way, asking him to do too much, instead of just being a ball winning machine.

In terms of defensive actions per game he is one of the highest ranked young DMs in Europe.  No idea how his overall game is though.  Nakamba is very highly ranked as well from a defensive actions perspective but he struggles on the ball and especially to help transition from defense to attack.  Maybe he is similar but I've not watched him enough to know.  

1 minute ago, MJ_1874 said:

In terms of defensive actions per game he is one of the highest ranked young DMs in Europe.  No idea how his overall game is though.  Nakamba is very highly ranked as well from a defensive actions perspective but he struggles on the ball and especially to help transition from defense to attack.  Maybe he is similar but I've not watched him enough to know.  

Not enough of an upgrade on Marvellous, just seems like an out of control pub league player who's blagged his way into the professional game. I'd give Marv more time, he has got it, just needs to work on being less nervous and more Marvellous. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John said:

If Martinez goes the same way as the link to Romero, has anyone got any thoughts on less costly signings, that would be willing to move to us and could do a solid job, until Heaton is match fit? 

How about Bartosz Bialowski from Milwall or  Marko Marosi from Coventry for example? 

Mentioned him before but for the touted Martínez cash we could look at Bart Drągowski and maybe even have a bit of change left over, I'd happily see that deal.  He carries on his form from last season and he'll be cropping up on radars farther up the table than ourselves.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Bournemouth fans seem to think he is shite as a DM and alright more box to box. Not that this rules him out for me as I'd prefer to leave Luiz playing deep and add physical presence further forwards.