Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

Both Viljami Sinisalo and Ilmari Niskanen have been called up to the Finland side for their upcoming UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Denmark.

The Finnish duo will travel to Astana for their match on Thursday 7 September, before they host the Danes in Helsinki on Tuesday 12 September. 

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/finland-call-ups/

• Like 2

Another big performance and another clean sheet. Exeter now top on goal difference, sinisalo is to thank for this.

Blackman was decent last season and for exeter a large wage signing. This season they have stepped up a level gk wise and tight games now become winnable.

Exeter always been my 2nd team and having that villa link makes it even better.

Would be good if we link in with them with other youth players as its a great place to live compared to Birmingham ( lived there 1st 30 years of my life in Sutton coldfield and Harborne). Meaning they can concentrate on football with no pressure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Relieved to see he wasn't in the squad last night that got tonked 9-0 

But also curious why he didn't even make the bench? 

Exeter such a good example of how fan ownership can work and been great following them this season so far, proven a lot of people wrong so far. Hope they put this behind them quick. 

On 02/09/2023 at 18:42, brummybloke said:

Another big performance and another clean sheet. Exeter now top on goal difference, sinisalo is to thank for this.

Blackman was decent last season and for exeter a large wage signing. This season they have stepped up a level gk wise and tight games now become winnable.

Exeter always been my 2nd team and having that villa link makes it even better.

Would be good if we link in with them with other youth players as its a great place to live compared to Birmingham ( lived there 1st 30 years of my life in Sutton coldfield and Harborne). Meaning they can concentrate on football with no pressure.

so is Aleppo.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

Brief update. Continues to be automatic first choice at Exeter in League One; plays every league game; decent performances for someone now just turned 22.

Not yet ready to play in a side challenging for Champions league places. Decent at shot stopping and claiming crosses. Distribution was a weakness but has significantly improved in the 20+ games playing an Emery style 'play out from the back' but with room for more improvement .

Please don't recall him this January. At this stage of his career he needs to play regularly and keep playing. He's at a club where he's liked, gets to play and where his confidence and performance levels are improving.

The long term future...too early to tell 

I don't think there's any danger of that tbh unless Emi gets a bad injury. 

He could be our number 2 next season as Olsen's contract expires this summer (thank god) but maybe we'll look to get him in the Championship or if the price is right somewhere, sell him on for FFP purposes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/02/2024 at 09:33, Rich192 said:

Wow, that’s really impressive! Great to see another ex-Villa kid on the list, too (Johansson)!

I have no memory of him whatsoever strangely!

Â