Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

From a sporting perspective, wouldn't it have made more sense to let him finish the season so that each team that faced Brentford faced an equal Brentford?

Ah well.

Pointless if it takes pre-season into account. 

• Like 1

so basically a 5 month ban then as 3 months of it is the off season...and he can start training a month into the new season. bit of a farce that.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Banning him over the summer months seem pointless. Should be all of next season instead of half.

He also has a knee injury. The ban timing is very convenient for him and England! I don't think players should be allowed to serve a ban when injured and it should be postponed until they are available for selection. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

so basically a 5 month ban then as 3 months of it is the off season...and he can start training a month into the new season. bit of a farce that.

Ideal for the Jan window too 

Unless he's been betting on Brentford games I really don't see the issue. The clubs are plastered with these gambling companies but he cant bet on football, ridiculous. He's got the same ban that Ferdinand got for "missing" a drugs test.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Unless he's been betting on Brentford games I really don't see the issue. The clubs are plastered with these gambling companies but he cant bet on football, ridiculous. He's got the same ban that Ferdinand got for "missing" a drugs test.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment that the rules are a bit of a joke, he's breaking them in the same way rio was,  and he did it several hundred more times. 

They should ban gambling sponsors (they have now..) and they should rate missed drugs tests as a higher offence (they do, he missed one and got the same length ban). But still feels wrong. 

Also, hardly helping spurs, he's injured anyway. 

Ivan Toney is a **** idiot, as soon as he knew the severity of his charges he should have pushed for a move (on a permanent or loan basis) to the Blues, because of his idiocy he has landed himself with an 8 month ban when he could have had a suspended 2 match ban

Only loser here is Brentford football club Toney will fly off to Dubai or similar still drawing his considerable wages and have a life of luxury.Meanwhile his value to the club will have greatly reduced while his potential personal gain will increase.I think the ban is a lot less than I expected I was expecting him to move on for a lot of money this summer but that’s not going to happen.Just another example of over paid thick footballers I would add most of these bets were placed before he joined Brentford  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Only loser here is Brentford football club Toney will fly off to Dubai or similar still drawing his considerable wages and have a life of luxury.Meanwhile his value to the club will have greatly reduced while his potential personal gain will increase.I think the ban is a lot less than I expected I was expecting him to move on for a lot of money this summer but that’s not going to happen.Just another example of over paid thick footballers I would add most of these bets were placed before he joined Brentford  

Its outside bet but also probably cost a European spot as well (though I read he might be injured now)

Still find it absolutely incredible that he was allowed to play on and bang in loads of goals while being investigated, with the authorities aware of a mountain of evidence against him.

How was that allowed to happen?

Imagine being able to go into work every day as if everything was normal even though you were caught up to no good on countless occasions.

Only in football, man. **** disgusting 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â