Relegation thread

Knutserov13

21 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

This brings a tear to my eye.

Did exactly the same thing but I had a bit more consideration for the neighbours!  I bet a few of us collapsed in a heap on the floor when Davis missed that chance as well.

What a huge win that was, actually our draw against Everton now seems ok, as we might’ve gone to Arsenal and roll over. Now we just need to keep it up and hope that the last weekend goes our way. 
I think what would help us is that Bournemouth and Watford won’t be up for it mentally. The first because it’s totally out of their hands. The second because they still have a huge game.

I’m glas that I kept faith in our players until the last minute. I knew our main issue was mentally. Then again, our forwards aren’t that good. But apart from that we play good football. 

People say we don’t Win against big teams, but again we have had some great games where we attacked for large parts of the game, such as Spurs at home.

It’s still not done yet, but well done lads. It was a nervy for hours yesterday beginning with Watford.

• Like 1

How do Watford dust themselves off and try to go from here? No manager, their third of the season recently sacked, just got smacked at home 4-0 and playing an Arsenal side that want to relegate them, fight for their place in the cup final XI and bounce back from a limp defeat, I'm that order. I can't think of a taller task.

47 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How do Watford dust themselves off and try to go from here? No manager, their third of the season recently sacked, just got smacked at home 4-0 and playing an Arsenal side that want to relegate them, fight for their place in the cup final XI and bounce back from a limp defeat, I'm that order. I can't think of a taller task.

Agree with all but the arsenal part, a poor performance last night, not sure why they will be better sunday.

10 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Agree with all but the arsenal part, a poor performance last night, not sure why they will be better sunday.

Losing 2 games before a cup final is not great. Arteta will tweak things and certain players might be playing for their spot in the final. After last night they will be up for it more. 

15 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

They beat the two best teams in the country in their previous two games.

It can't have been easy 30% possession against City three days earlier. I think we were helped by the fixture congestion a bit.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

They beat the two best teams in the country in their previous two games.

It can't have been easy 30% possession against City three days earlier. I think we were helped by the fixture congestion a bit.

I seem to think their record against watford is poor anyway and I just cant see then being up for it. Nothing to play for and could rest players ahead of the cup final.

For me we need to forget about them, beat west ham by 2 and that should be enough. Anything less and it could be nervy.

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I seem to think their record against watford is poor anyway and I just cant see then being up for it. Nothing to play for and could rest players ahead of the cup final.

For me we need to forget about them, beat west ham by 2 and that should be enough. Anything less and it could be nervy.

Yeah, my Arsenal friend told me that first bit. It's difficult to tell what Arteta will do—you'd think they'd want a positive result to prepare for the final, and players will want to play for their places.

You wouldn't want to go into the final having lost to two of the teams fighting relegation, especially since their previous two results were so positive.

Just now, Rolta said:

Yeah, my Arsenal friend told me that first bit. It's difficult to tell what Arteta will do—you'd think they'd want a positive result to prepare for the final, and players will want to play for their places.

You wouldn't want to go into the final having lost to two of the teams fighting relegation, especially since their previous two results were so positive.

Or do you look at last night, worry about congestion and realise the season is over bar the fa cup. Make the decision to rest your best players.

None of us know, we should prepare for the worst from arsenal and just concentrate on beating west ham. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KillieVillain said:

Morning lads, who all slept well last night .

No, terribly. Was on such an adrenaline rush that I couldn't come down. Absolutely shattered but my mood is top!

I woke up feeling happy about last night. Honestly I cannot believe that we have it in our hands for the last game of the season.

Arsenal will be be up for it against Watford, they want to fight for places and Deeneys comments about them 3 years ago on BT might bite him.

Bournemouth are the dark horse in this and could possibly get a win at Everton.

Sunday 4pm will be BIG!