Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t think we need to worry about Watford this weekend.

Arsenal will have an eye on the cup final, but also, Arteta really won’t want to lose two games in a row to bottom 4 teams. He’ll tell them they’re playing for a place in the cup final team and they’ll beat a poor, rudderless Watford team at a canter.

Bournemouth have more chance of beating a fairly average Everton.

But what’s the deal? Is it... If we draw or win, then Bournemouth can’t catch us. If we lose, then Bournemouth need to score and win by 2 goals to overtake us, or win by 1 goal but score...3?... in the process, to go ahead of us on goals scored? I’m lost. :lol:

Im seriously tempted to just go out and look at the league table @ 6.05pm on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Im seriously tempted to just go out and look at the league table @ 6.05pm on Sunday.

No chance. It's totally in our hands on the final day. Can't quite believe it. We'll all be here.

• Like 1

I genuinely have no idea how we've managed to pull ourselves into this position. The amount of chances we've been given throughout this season and we finally decide to take one in the 37th game against Arsenal of all teams.  

Just 1 final push to go. I couldn't deal with the stress today, god knows how I'm going to get through Sunday. 

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

If we were going to stay up, we all assumed it would be by beating West Ham and hoping results go our way. To be 17th with a game left and favourites to stay up is just mind boggling.

Nope. And I am freaked out - but I always thought we stay up under these parameters - it is down to one game, possibly less - but it is **** intense

I have that same feeling as last year when what seemed impossible, by an amazing turn of events, became possible again then actually back in our hands for one final game. I hope it works out the same this time! :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Bournemouth win and we lose, they definitely stay up and we definitely go down. 

I see (though they can't 'definitely stay up', because it would depend on Watford, but I take your point).

Just now, DCJonah said:

I know we can't be greedy. But davis scores that and the GD buffer is a bit nicer if Bournemouth win and we lose. 

I actually thought that!

Ill settle for a win and a 5 goal GD swing though. Can’t be too greedy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

But what’s the deal? Is it... If we draw or win, then Bournemouth can’t catch us. If we lose, then Bournemouth need to score and win by 2 goals to overtake us, or win by 1 goal but score...3?... in the process, to go ahead of us on goals scored? I’m lost. :lol:

If we at least draw, Bournemouth cannot catch us.
If we lose and Bournemouth win, they will finish above us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Did anyone watch Watford vs City? Scorelines never tell the full story against them. Did they actually look bothered? 

They looked very bothered - citeh that is. Watford got overran badly. could have been 6 or 7

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Be proper Villa to **** it up on Sunday or go down because Watford or Bournemouth win by a big margin.

I said to my mates, typical Villa would be to beat West Ham 1-0 and Watford win 6-0

This is how i see it? feel free to copy and paste and amend if i missed something.

If we win:

• We stay up

If we lose:

• Watford win or draw-we go down
  • Watford lose but lose by less than 2 goals than we concede-we go down
  • Bournemouth win by 2 goals-We go down
  • Watford lose by more goals or same conceded than we do-We stay up
  • Bournemouth must win in any scenario to stay up

If we draw:

• Watford draw-we stay up
  • Watford win-we go down
  • Bournemouth are out of it

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

This is how i see it? feel free to copy and paste and amend if i missed something.

If we win:

• We stay up

If we lose:

• Watford win or draw-we go down
  • Watford lose but lose by less than 2 goals than we concede-we go down
  • Bournemouth win by 2 goals-We go down
  • Watford lose by more goals or same conceded than we do-We stay up
  • Bournemouth must win in any scenario to stay up

If we draw:

• Watford draw-we stay up
  • Watford win-we go down
  • Bournemouth are out of it

We need to match Watford's result. If we win 1-0 and Watford win 3-0, they'll overtake us. Unlikely but possible. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Did anyone watch Watford vs City? Scorelines never tell the full story against them. Did they actually look bothered? 

Watford were bothered but they got absolutely pasted.

Foster got man of the match. It could have been 8-0