Relegation thread

Knutserov13

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Liverpool twice, Arsenal, Spurs twice City away. Cup final etc. If our rivals even complete a pass in the final third, they're "showing bottle", "fighting for their lives" etc. It's exhausting.

Its just amazing to read. And its always the people that slate our manager.

• Like 1

Its far from all over but making up 4 points from 3 games is likely to be a step too far. Tonight is everything, though. Over the next two games we need to just have a better points return than watford and/or West Ham. if we can go into the last game at West ham with it in our own hands that's all we can ask for. I think a West ham win would be the best for us v Watford, because Wtaford have two difficult games after that, and it's conceivable that they'd lose all 3, or at best pick up 1 point. A relaxed on holiday West ham would be better than a nervy west ham, who know that keeping it tight would probably be enough for them.

But it all starts tonight. All hope rests with 3 points. Saying that 1 would be okay if Watford lose. Then everything would be on us trying to win at West ham and still in touch. I think we've gone and would be surprised if we got any more than 1 or at best, 2 points from the last 3. But, whilst there's hope...

Edited by peterw
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

0-0 or a Watford win are the two bes t results for us

I'd prefer a West ham win. Better to play them when they're safe than when it's all on the line. (assuming other results etc) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

I'd prefer a West ham win. Better to play them when they're safe than when it's all on the line. (assuming other results etc) 

I agree, West Ham are the best side in this relegation battle. If it came to us or them on the last day I think they beat us. 

Watford got a result against Newcastle but that's from two penalties. They aren't anything special, they're very weak at the back. 

None of this matters if we don't beat Everton tonight 

• Like 2

people on here saying overturning 4 points in 3 games is too much are purely saying that as a coping mechanism. With the fixtures falling the way they have it’s 100% achievable. 

What we need to do is take care of our business, something we have been pathetic at doing all season, but the past year counts for nothing if we can just string 3 results together. I just pray that the boys come good I feel there is optimism in the squad and they can do it. Come on the boys!!!

• Like 1

Based on our performances against the "big six"  (if there's such a thing anymore) this season we'll lose to Arsenal. Which means we have to beat Everton and West Ham, and hope 6 points is enough.

However you look at it, today is a must win, an this is a far better team with a far better coach than Palace. So nervous already. 

No matter the result today, I hope we are still in it on the last day. We have experience in going to London for a final match of the season to see if we belong in the premier league. I also think West Ham on the beach or last year's derby with motivation might be of similar quality.

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need to win all our matches, full stop.

Even doing that we could still go down.

All of the miracle theories and calculations are great but how realistic are they?

The table is bloody depressing, how did we allow ourselves to get here?

We have got ourselves in the deep and smelly stuff, but that win on Sunday has raised our hopes, (possibly cruelly). The evidence of this season would suggest that we will only get one or two points, at best, from the next three games. 

However I find myself looking forward to tonight’s game for a change and with illogical optimism. It’s the nature of being a football supporter I suppose but the fact remains, another win tonight would be a huge psychological boost and we can open up Dick and Harry. Lose and Sunday will probably be just a blip in a pretty miserable season. 

Dig for victory!! UTV!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

It's funny how Bournemouth show fight and we are just a bunch of bottlers.. Did anyone see that stat, that Bournemouth and west ham have lost more points than us from winning positions?

Tbf that was us previously. Then we turned so shit we couldn't even get into winning positions in the first place to lose points from.

Edited by villanmac

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The evidence of this season would suggest that we will only get one or two points, at best, from the next three games. 

Indeed, but the other evidence of the season is that Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham are equally as bad.  Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Brighton shit the bed as well.

The big unknown this season is how much mid-table teams will take the foot off the gas.  Citeh played a 'weakened' team last night, plenty of players will be playing with a bit less aggression to avoid injury.  Probably going to be some unexpected results - we need to make sure they are for us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They would be if they lost today.

They didn't so we are in deep trouble considering i don't think 36 pts will be enough.

If Sheff Utd win twice and Wolves once before we play Arsenal, then they won't be able to get 7th apart from possibly scraping it on GD. Tottenham could also be 5 points ahead of them before then, so there best chance for a European place would be focusing on the FA cup 3 days before our match. They could also screw Spurs out of a Europa League place this way, which will provide them extra motivation.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Basically a one legged quarter final.

Lose against Everton and we are out of the competition.

More like a first leg of a semifinal - win the first leg, draw the second then beat West Ham ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️