Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Just now, Keyblade said:

Man, I wish we got this much credit when we narrowly lose to top 6 sides having played well. For us, we lack bottle, have a soft underbelly etc etc.

Cowardly bottlers 😉

• Like 2

Just now, R.Bear said:

Remember how people were saying Arsenal are on the beach. How's that going?

They would be if they lost today.

They didn't so we are in deep trouble considering i don't think 36 pts will be enough.

The West Ham vs Watford match is a strange one. It's not obvious which is the best result for us. Bottom line is we need 5 points to have a chance of staying up. If we were to draw 2 and beat West Ham then that would put us on 35 points. A result either way would need to happen or we would all be on 35 and we would pretty certainly go down on GD. If we get 2 wins from our remaining 3, we're on 36 and then I think a draw may suit us. 7 or 9 points would be an absolute dream (beating the 🔨  of course!) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Remember how people were saying Arsenal are on the beach. How's that going?

I think it was because they lost to Spurs that a performance was needed today

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Man, I wish we got this much credit when we narrowly lose to top 6 sides having played well. For us, we lack bottle, have a soft underbelly etc etc.

But we do....its not a lie.

It's funny how Bournemouth show fight and we are just a bunch of bottlers.. Did anyone see that stat, that Bournemouth and west ham have lost more points than us from winning positions?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They would be if they lost today.

They didn't so we are in deep trouble considering i don't think 36 pts will be enough.

Perhaps they got a late deal and are flying out tomorrow?

48 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Liverpool aside which we got a lot of credit for.  When did we play well and narrowly lose against a top 6 side?

edit: I get where you are coming from though. I just think we’ve been comfortabley beaten in most games against top 6 teams this season. City away was a decent effort to be fair. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

We need to win all our matches, full stop.

Even doing that we could still go down.

All of the miracle theories and calculations are great but how realistic are they?

The table is bloody depressing, how did we allow ourselves to get here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need to win all our matches, full stop.

Even doing that we could still go down.

All of the miracle theories and calculations are great but how realistic are they?

The table is bloody depressing, how did we allow ourselves to get here?

Not turning up and  beating the teams around us.

We’ve now left it far too late and relying on other teams. 

• Like 1

Everton is a must win. Massive game. Win it and we've got every chance. Hopefully they are on the beach - there are signs of it. 

Arsenal are starting to look better but their focus will be the FA Cup semi on Saturday so again I think the timings might suit us. 

West Ham we know we can beat.

It's on folks. 

4 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

The West Ham vs Watford match is a strange one. It's not obvious which is the best result for us. Bottom line is we need 5 points to have a chance of staying up. If we were to draw 2 and beat West Ham then that would put us on 35 points. A result either way would need to happen or we would all be on 35 and we would pretty certainly go down on GD. If we get 2 wins from our remaining 3, we're on 36 and then I think a draw may suit us. 7 or 9 points would be an absolute dream (beating the 🔨  of 

0-0 or a Watford win are the two bes t results for us

34 minutes ago, maqroll said:

0-0 or a Watford win are the two bes t results for us

Depends on our result against Everton. If it was a draw then we definitely need Watford to lose. But hopefully we win. It will still be sweet if Brighton lose their next two. If we can somehow get 4 points from the next two. Then we can rely on thee two results instead of one.

To be honest the more I think, the more nervous I get. Let’s keep those nerves for the game.

• Like 1

Win today and barring a string of unlikely results it will mean that we will go into the last game of the season with a chance of avoiding relegation. So in that sense today's game is almost like a play-off semi-final.

• Like 2