Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Sweden continuing with mixed messages and recommendations rather than rules in most cases.

Restaurants and clubs can stay open but have to stop serving alcohol at 22, which means they have to close at 22.30 due to the rules. Big shopping centers are still open so thousands of people still flock there like morons. And that's apparently fine for unknown reasons.

The second wave which we were told would not come in Sweden due to our approach is now in full flow. It's much worse than in any of the other Nordic countries but apparently you can't compare because we are in a different part of the curve than they are. It was perfectly fine to compare back when it looked like we were having a better time of it than them for some reason, but not now.

Edited by sne
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Sweden continuing with mixed messages and recommendations rather than rules in most cases.

Restaurants and clubs can stay open but have to stop serving alcohol at 22, which means they have to close at 22.30 due to the rules. Big shopping centers are still open so thousands of people still flock there like morons. And that's apparently fine for unknown reasons.

The second wave which we were told would not come in Sweden due to our approach is now in full flow. It's much worse than in any of the other Nordic countries but apparently you can't compare because we are in a different part of the curve then they are. It was perfectly fine to compare back when it looked like we were having a better time of it than them for some reason, but not now.

I don''t care what anybody thinks but for me Tegnell is an idiot. -You can't compare countries!. What BS that is.

I know a pre-school were 15 in the personnel had covid last week. Still open.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I don''t care what anybody thinks but for me Tegnell is an idiot. -You can't compare countries!. What BS that is.

I know a pre-school were 15 in the personnel had covid last week. Still open.

I work at a school where 1 teacher is gravely ill and in hospital, another few are home sick. Not sure how many students are home sick but a lot. 

Only thing they've done apart from the already done measures like removing a few chairs in the cafeteria, provided hand sanitizers, and change the schedules a bit is that currently 1 class is working from home.

But if it continues like this I'm not sure the schools will reopen after the Christmas break.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

I work at a school where 1 teacher is gravely ill and in hospital, another few are home sick. Not sure how many students are home sick but a lot. 

Only thing they've done apart from the already done measures like removing a few chairs in the cafeteria, provided hand sanitizers, and change the schedules a bit is that currently 1 class is working from home.

But if it continues like this I'm not sure the schools will reopen after the Christmas break

Looking at what the government has done it's pretty obvious that their going for the herd immunity approach using children to spread the virus to the relatively young and healthy parents . Who can't visit their older relatives adue to the 'restrictions' . 

The variables to this approach are the teachers and those who are vunerable , who are now being told via letter that they should not go to work if they can't work from home.

Reopening schools was always going to be at the center of this virus spreading. I know plenty of children who have tested positive after their parents have displayed symptoms, the children have shown no symptoms at all.

My Dad texted me today saying he felt rotten. Hopefully just a cold and nothing else. I do worry as he has COPD. 

My Mom will keep me updated. 

• Sad 1

I've just found out that my niece has tested positive meaning the whole family have to self-isolate for 2 weeks.  She's feeling fine other than a loss of smell/taste.  

My sister and family are quite active, regularly go on runs etc and none of them have underlying health issues.  It's still a worry mind.  

As someone who has had the virus, and can easily get a quick test why is he self isolating?

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is self-isolating after coming in to contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.

A spokesperson for the PM said: "The prime minister has today been notified by NHS Test and Trace that he is required to self-isolate as a contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.

"The Prime Minister will follow the rules and is self-isolating.

"He will carry on working from Downing Street, including on leading the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.

"The PM is well and does not have any symptoms of Covid-19."

Link

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

As someone who has had the virus, and can easily get a quick test why is he self isolating?

Link

He hasn't had a holiday for a few weeks and his mate isn't there to run the country for him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Link

Because... Carrie told him to

Because you can get it more than once would be the correct answer

EDIT: Because he doesn’t want the blame for the Brexit announcement

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Because the law requires it.

Edit: Though obeying the law is not always the path most trodden by this lot.

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

It’s a bit late for him to start honouring the law.

Its extremely convenient for him, the well known coward, to be out of the firing line for a little while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s a bit late for him to start honouring the law.

Its extremely convenient for him, the well known coward, to be out of the firing line for a little while.

Yes, true.

Just on the test bit - getting a negative result on a test after being told to self-isolate by Test and Trace makes no difference to the requirment to self-isolate.

Edited by snowychap

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Edit: Though obeying the law is not always the path most trodden by this lot.

I see you very quickly realised your mistake but how did you come to have this thought in the first place?

I'd be worried that the faculties were having a bit of a moment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â