Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Is there a flag or a light system or something so we know when he’s self isolating and when he’s just a useless lazy absent prime minister?

Yes, unfortunately permanently flying the red flag outside 10 Downing Street isn't going to do him any favours

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Just look how he happy he is to have an excuse to do **** all for 2 weeks. He’s bloody loving this.

50000 people dead, the worst death toll in Europe and we get a low quality "Hi folks" video - like he's making some wanky LinkedIn self promotion clip.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

50000 people dead, the worst death toll in Europe and we get a low quality "Hi folks" video - like he's making some wanky LinkedIn self promotion clip.

Great news, he’s fit as a butchers dog. That’s a relief.

Edited by Genie

I despise Johnson as much as the next Guardian reader but don’t really think he can be criticised for self-isolating having been marked as a close contact. In fact, I’d be annoyed if he didn’t self-isolate as that would continue the ‘one rule for them’ thing his party have done throughout this pandemic.

• Like 2

Just now, chappy said:

I despise Johnson as much as the next Guardian reader but don’t really think he can be criticised for self-isolating having been marked as a close contact. In fact, I’d be annoyed if he didn’t self-isolate as that would continue the ‘one rule for them’ thing his party have done throughout this pandemic.

I think it’s the fact that he is revelling in being out of the firing line for a week or 2 when there is a huge amount he should be accountable for. It’s come at an extremely convenient time for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chappy said:

Why was he in close unscreened proximity to someone, indoors, for over half an hour?

Has nobody told him there’s a pandemic and some fairly simple basic guidance on how to avoid the spread?

Does the government have nobody on the inside that could provide a Perspex screen and some ventilation for £100 Million?

The man is a liability all day every day.

26 minutes ago, chappy said:

Isn't the current guidance:

Em75b3oWEAImM13?format=jpg&name=900x900

I don't think that "breakfast and photo-op" really falls outside that description.

46 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I don't think that "breakfast and photo-op" really falls outside that description.

The thing with Boris is that he’s ineffective regardless of where he “works” from.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I think it’s the fact that he is revelling in being out of the firing line for a week or 2 when there is a huge amount he should be accountable for. It’s come at an extremely convenient time for him.

I haven’t watched his little video, I can imagine how infuriating it is though! 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Why was he in close unscreened proximity to someone, indoors, for over half an hour?

Has nobody told him there’s a pandemic and some fairly simple basic guidance on how to avoid the spread?

Does the government have nobody on the inside that could provide a Perspex screen and some ventilation for £100 Million?

The man is a liability all day every day.

I wasn’t defending the behaviour that caused him to isolate. 

I agree he’s a liability and an embarrassment. I just meant that he shouldn’t be criticised for complying with self-isolation rules.

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Again, if you read my post, I wasn’t saying anything different...

4 minutes ago, chappy said:

I wasn’t defending the behaviour that caused him to isolate. 

I agree he’s a liability and an embarrassment. I just meant that he shouldn’t be criticised for complying with self-isolation rules.

For me, I wasn’t criticising him for following the rules, once he’d broken them and caught out. I was more the two ends of the shit baguette. Firstly, that someone that claims to have nearly died of covid STILL wasn’t taking basic precautions, then secondly that he’s clearly so **** pleased with himself that he’s got a note for teacher that says he’s yet again excused from P.E..

• Like 2

If there's any truth in the rumours about him wanting to pack it in in January, then he's already excused the people who did his thinking for him and now he's got a couple of weeks off - he can come back and shuffle the chairs for a week or two in December before a nice Christmas break and then a couple of weeks to clear his stuff out and say goodbye to everyone in January.

Is he winding down?

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A deeply dodgy character who, if I recall correctly, suggested putting people in forced labour camps during the election campaign.

Living in tents, picking potatoes, and he specifically recommended that they had no hot water. 

Yet somehow he's only the second biggest piece of shit Tory MP in Nottinghamshire. 

He's also the prick behind this gem

• Thanks 1

Currently watching a rather cringe worthy press conference with the Swedish government and CDC who are trying to explain the new strong measures they are enforcing while at the same time trying to claim that they've done everything correct and had a clear red line with their actions. Or lack of. 

Raising the maximum capacity from 50 to 300 people at sporting events a few weeks back and then today lowering to 8 people maximum :D  All part of the plan...

It's an absolute shitshow and they know it but are still trying to pretend they have control. And they are still not brave enough to enforce a lock down. And Anders Tegnell is seen less and less these days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Currently watching a rather cringe worthy press conference with the Swedish government and CDC who are trying to explain the new strong measures they are enforcing while at the same time trying to claim that they've done everything correct and had a clear red line with their actions. Or lack of. 

Raising the maximum capacity from 50 to 300 people at sporting events a few weeks back and then today lowering to 8 people maximum :D  All part of the plan...

It's an absolute shitshow and they know it but are still trying to pretend they have control. And they are still not brave enough to enforce a lock down. And Anders Tegnell is seen less and less these days.

Certainly the "how did Sweden get it all so right" commentariat seem to be a bit quieter on that point now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Certainly the "how did Sweden get it all so right" commentariat seem to be a bit quieter on that point now.

There is a (behind a pay wall) article in The Telegraph today with former (2005-2013) Swedish CDC chief Annika Linde about how her successor Anders Tegnell got it wrong and how we were not prepared for a second wave.

Not read it but might be interesting. 

I'm firmly in the view that there wasn't really any right way to handle this, but that the Swedish ignorance and refusal to entertain any other view than their own has cost lives and still does.

Â