Generic Virus Thread

villakram

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

What you seem to be describing (and there are plenty of examples) is NOT (to me) strong leadership.

'NOT' to you (or me or, I dare say, plenty of others), indeed.

This isn't meant to be a semantic argument about the word strong or an argument about what actually demonstrates 'strength' in a leader but rather what is normally taken when people say they wantr 'strong' leaders.

We've had several PMs whose policies and answers I've disagreed with strongly, on many many things.

This is the first one I just have absolutely no respect for, though. I mean, May set the bar pretty **** low, but Johnson has beaten it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Within the next week all cabinet ministers including  the PM will be banned by Dominic Cummings from saying anything but the following in public....... Its terribly important to ask that question, next question please, its terribly important to ask that question,.next question please.

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

But we all see things differently.

My previous post (i.e. my one in the conversation with Dem prior to the one you decided to quote) was:

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

Countries need good leadership and government not strong leadership.

Responses to things like the virus require the former and not the latter.

It may have been helpful to have at least acknowledged this and factored it in before posting the above.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We've had several PMs whose policies and answers I've disagreed with strongly, on many many things.

This is the first one I just have absolutely no respect for, though. I mean, May set the bar pretty **** low, but Johnson has beaten it. 

Yeah I'm the same. I don't think I've genuinely hated any PM before. I think my hatred for trump spills over when I see this mini trump try to follow in his path. 

Darren Jones was impressive. At least tried to tie him down on the untrue stories about Cummings in the media. Obviously didn't get an answer but managed to further highlight how disingenuous the PM is.

Just a reminder, after another Boris car crash, that these were the comparatively tame MPs, with some of the more vocal critics uninvited from the committee.

Edited by Davkaus

47 minutes ago, snowychap said:

'NOT' to you (or me or, I dare say, plenty of others), indeed.

This isn't meant to be a semantic argument about the word strong or an argument about what actually demonstrates 'strength' in a leader but rather what is normally taken when people say they wantr 'strong' leaders.

Ah, OK. Gotcha.👍

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It may have been helpful to have at least acknowledged this and factored it in before posting the above.

I did factor it in. My whole response was trying to express that my individual view of strong leadership and good leadership are that they are basically the same thing and the likes of Merkel demonstrate this in her response to the virus.

We often seem to talk at cross purposes. Sorry.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's amazingly how poorly he comes over when the questions aren't pre-screened softballs with a scripted answer to hand. 

I only watched about 15 minutes of it but it was horrific. He came across awfully. Barely answered anything.

Q. If you have no symptoms but you get a call from a contact tracer, do you have to isolate at your normal home or can you isolate somewhere else?

Hancock says if you’re a contact of somebody who’s tested positive and you’re instructed to isolate, your household members don’t have to isolate – they can carry on under the normal guidelines.

That means you can isolate at home, he adds. He moves swiftly on

This seems a bit strange to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I haven’t seen the figures, I presume 412 is cumulative over a few days that haven’t previously been counted? An admin catch up, not a single day figure?

That's it, they have been in the low 100s over the last couple of days. 412 still represents a significant drop from the day after the weekend before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope, conspiracy theories that ARE nonsense are dismissed as nonsense.

This isn't even a conspiracy theory though. What you're saying makes no sense. It's not a conspiracy. It's nonsense.

I do love our debates stevo. Maybe one day we will agree on something 😂

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I do love our debates stevo. Maybe one day we will agree on something 😂

I think we agree on more than you think.

But this time I genuinely don't think what you're saying makes any sense. And I don't think you;re actually saying whatever you think it is you believe :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we agree on more than you think.

But this time I genuinely don't think what you're saying makes any sense. And I don't think you;re actually saying whatever you think it is you believe :D 

Now your not making sense with all these riddles 😁

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Did anyone else just hear him fart?

Pretty sure it was a fart as he seemed to nearly crack up laughing immediately afterward, although granted he looks like that for about 90% of the time.

Bet he followed through. 

• Like 1

Â