Generic Virus Thread

villakram

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The driving to test his eyesight was a move to get people to focus on the absurdity of the excuse for that and move the talk away from just general disregarding the lockdown, wasn't it? Gove can hardly keep  a straight face defending it, and the PM was even wheeled out to pull a pair of glasses out that he's never been seen with before, all while...blurred vision isn't a symptom, is it? 

That was hilarious when he did that.

Clearly waiting for the first journo to mention the eye test. 

So the tactic is to demonstrably have a jolly old jape defending an impossibly ridiculous excuse? Another bold tactic for which they can go and **** themselves. I woke up quite angry about all this, I wonder how many other people out there feel the same.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Why didn't he just stand down and advise the PM on the quiet for a while, then in a few months when it's all blown over go back full time?  

It's the tried and tested method used in politics for generations and I thought the obvious go to. The it answer I think is arrogance. Buckets and buckets of the stuff.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Why didn't he just say 'In an incredibly stressful situation, I made a spur of the moment decision, which I regret, and I apologise for'?

They don't give a ****. 

The fact they didn't do this just shows why we are currently one of the worst affected countries from this virus. Their incompetence is staggering. 

Again, they won by a **** landslide. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52801858

Coronavirus doctor's diary: The drug combination that may help us beat Covid-19

Dr John Wright of Bradford Royal Infirmary (BRI) describes some of the trials under way to find a cure for Covid-19, and suggests that a combination of three different types of drug may hold the key.

At BRI we are now participating in eight different clinical trials to try and find a cure for Covid-19.....

This bit sounds quite hopeful.....

BRI Respiratory consultant Dinesh Saralaya feels optimistic that a combination treatment will be available before the end of the summer.

"I think we'll find at least two or three drugs which will prevent these patients ever needing to come into hospital," he says.

"You will go to the test centre and then be given the drugs once you're diagnosed. Under the current strategies, you get the Covid virus, so you're isolating, then you get worse, you get a temperature, you start getting breathless, then you come in. But people need to be given the drugs very early."

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

"Under the current strategies, you get the Covid virus, so you're isolating, then you get worse, you get a temperature, you start getting breathless, then you come in. But people need to be given the drugs very early."

I must admit, it had occurred to me that not admitting you to hospital until you were in big trouble, rather than trying to treat you early was maybe a bad approach. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Why didn't he just say 'In an incredibly stressful situation, I made a spur of the moment decision, which I regret, and I apologise for'?

They don't give a ****. 

The story would be over if he'd said that.

There might be still some calls for him to resign, but really people would have moved on. The defence of acting on the instincts of a father would have worked in that situation.

As it is they're just lying and lying and lying

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The story would be over if he'd said that.

There might be still some calls for him to resign, but really people would have moved on. The defence of acting on the instincts of a father would have worked in that situation.

As it is they're just lying and lying and lying

Sheer arrogance of them. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I must admit, it had occurred to me that not admitting you to hospital until you were in big trouble, rather than trying to treat you early was maybe a bad approach. 

I agree. The ‘Game Changer’ is always going to be a drug that prevents the need for hospitalisation. 

Obviously, having a drug that can stop seriously ill people from dying is important too, but it’s far better if we can find something that stops it getting to that stage in the first place. 

If they can find a combo that works by the end of the summer, then it’s pretty much a clear route out and we can be less concerned about the 2nd wave. 

Fingers crossed. 

47 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Gove can't even be bothered to keep a straight face, it's like the worlds funniest joke but only the government elite are in on it.

How can we have evolved so much as a species and yet end up here, being governed by total and utter morons.

• Like 1

Â