Generic Virus Thread

villakram

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It still pisses me off that people are lapping up the “had not alternative” bullshit. 

As if a man with access to and the influence over the leaders of the entire country couldn’t get whatever the **** he wanted with one phone call. 

I bet if Cummings wanted a nanny trained in medicine parachuted in from a helicopter he’d have it in hours.

He went to Durham because he wanted to go to Durham. Simple as that

At several points he got “expert medical help” yet none of it was ever for him (one of the most powerful and important men in the UK, especially so as Boris himself was ill) or his wife to get an actual Covid test. What kind of “expert” does not tell him to get a test then he can either come to work or isolate?

I think he found out Boris was ill and for whatever reason wanted to blag his way out of Downing Street for a while. Took a trip up north under the guise of isolating but didn’t tell his boss which in itself is probably grounds for disciplinary action.  He’s hung around up there not wanting to be a part of the shit show down south especially with the boss out of action. Had a cushy few days then realised he’d have to come back at some point not before a trip out for his wife’s birthday.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

At several points he got “expert medical help” yet none of it was ever for him (one of the most powerful and important men in the UK, especially so as Boris himself was ill) or his wife to get an actual Covid test. What kind of “expert” does not tell him to get a test then he can either come to work or isolate?

Exactly. And he could have had a test. Boris, Hancock Raab etc all had tests didn't they? I assume Cummings could have had one.

Honestly if anyone believes the story he's weaved here then they're either a moron or they just really really want it to be true.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

One that was never really asked because Cummings and family were never really ill at all.

• Like 4

The expert medical advice didn't even tell him not to drive with blurred vision.

The whole thing was a complete work of fiction. If it wasn't certain yesterday that they think we're all stupid, it is now.

• Like 1

Remember when people took the Russian assassins being sent on TV to talk about the cathedral spire as "we did it, you know we did it, and there's nothing you can do"? Yeah. That's what happened today.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

75-B27-C5-F-51-CD-403-E-94-D4-BAC8-D21-D

2 parties can play the copy/paste game of seems...

I hate this. It’s really embarrassing. It makes MPs look inhuman and lacking character. Just parroting party lines

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate this. It’s really embarrassing. It makes MPs look inhuman and lacking character. Just parroting party lines

You realise they're taking the piss to make a point?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not just this, but (and I'd need to check) the dates line up just as he got back to London from Durham....

Yes, I believe that's correct. Can just imagine him driving down the M1, thinking 'hang on, I know what I could do . . .'

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No I don't. Are they?

Yes they are. It's rare I say anything positive about bungalow Bill Esterson but I've never seen him don a copy and paste tweet before. They're making a point by doing a Tory

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes they are. It's rare I say anything positive about bungalow Bill Esterson but I've never seen him don a copy and paste tweet before. They're making a point by doing a Tory

In that case it’s hilarious, and you can apply my OP to the MPs that DO do that type of behaviour 😬

edit: although if this is the case, I’d say it’s probably too clever for its own good and could backfire...

Edited by Stevo985

Â