Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not criticising you for your views, but again if everyone just sat there and thought “we’ll there’s nothing I can do so why get upset?” Or “it could be bad somewhere else too so there’s no point in moving” then you end up with a government who can do whatever they want because nobody cares

Yep. Sleepwalking into dictatorship.

What initially is 'it's only politics' has a government rounding up people of a certain type and the population not giving a ****. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not criticising you for your views, but again if everyone just sat there and thought “we’ll there’s nothing I can do so why get upset?” Or “it could be bad somewhere else too so there’s no point in moving” then you end up with a government who can do whatever they want because nobody cares

Thats a fair point.  I’ve just noticed a few posters giving the impression they are seriously down by what’s happened in the last few days, demoralised almost. 

It’s sad to see. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is that not where we are now?

I mean I get that he's not killed anyone (directly) or been accused of some horrific violent crime but given the context of what he's done, and the fact that he sees no reason whatsoever to apologise for it or even say that he regrets it, I'd say we're firmly into 'government doing what they want because nobody cares' territory.

In two weeks it will be a distant memory and most people will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of being able to go into Primark*.

*other shite high street stores are available

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Move to another country and before you know it you have another bunch of c**nts in charge of wherever you’ve moved too. It’s why I think you sometimes have to try and detach yourself from things out of your control.  It doesn’t mean you don’t have to care. Just try not to let it get you down. Things change. Tories won’t be running the country for ever. 

I know, I know. I deserve this government right?

Try and keep your chins up lads. Things can always be worse. 

It's not about the fact I'm not in control. For me, the idea of moving away is because the values in this country seem to be moving completely away from what I view as important.

I'm clearly in the minority, this governement have been in charge for a decade and just won a general election by a complete landslide. I really don't want to bring my children up here, due to the way we are becoming Trump's america. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thats a fair point.  I’ve just noticed a few posters giving the impression they are seriously down by what’s happened in the last few days, demoralised almost. 

It’s sad to see. 

It gets me down, I'm not going to lie. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is that not where we are now?

I mean I get that he's not killed anyone (directly) or been accused of some horrific violent crime but given the context of what he's done, and the fact that he sees no reason whatsoever to apologise for it or even say that he regrets it, I'd say we're firmly into 'government doing what they want because nobody cares' territory.

In two weeks it will be a distant memory and most people will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of being able to go into Primark*.

*other shite high street stores are available

We're probably not far off but there are plenty of people who do care.

Its a joke, so lame its unbelievable, but I'm worried if this does bring Johnson down we could end up with someone worse and face years of austerity again. I know someone in the conservative party and the hard right want him gone. they think hes too soft and think the only way out of this is austerity. That worries me massively. I don't want a return to the Cameron Osbourne days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It gets me down, I'm not going to lie. 

Politics in general gets everyone down. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

No career in the Conservatives for you then.

No career in uk politics you mean 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its a joke, so lame its unbelievable, but I'm worried if this does bring Johnson down we could end up with someone worse and face years of austerity again. I know someone in the conservative party and the hard right want him gone. they think hes too soft and think the only way out of this is austerity. That worries me massively. I don't want a return to the Cameron Osbourne days. 

I think that's a reasonable concern, because that's clearly what is animating the Steves Baker of the party. However, I think on balance destabilising the party is a risk I'm prepared to take.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52805828

Coronavirus: UK authorises anti-viral drug remdesivir

A drug treatment that appears to shorten recovery time for people with coronavirus is being made available on the NHS. 

Remdesivir is an anti-viral medicine that was originally developed to fight Ebola. 

UK regulators say there is enough evidence to approve its use in selected hospital patients. 

For the time being and due to limited supplies, it will go to those most likely to benefit.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

No career in uk politics you mean 

If you think the other parties display the same contempt as this lot for the free press, public and rule of law you need to pay more attention.

I know quite a few Conservative party members who have quit (including one who used to be a council leader) in the months since Boris got elected as there is absolutely no moral standard at all.

Theresa May was an absolute knob and did serious damage in her ministerial posts. Cameron was an utter tosspot hiding behind 'necessary' austerity tearing apart the Civil Service to prime it for even more roles to be carried out by Capita in the future. There's still not a chance in hell either of them would have treated the public with this much disdain.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If you think the other parties display the same contempt as this lot for the free press, public and rule of law you need to pay more attention.

I know quite a few Conservative party members who have quit (including one who used to be a council leader) in the months since Boris got elected as there is absolutely no moral standard at all.

Theresa May was an absolute knob and did serious damage in her ministerial posts. Cameron was an utter tosspot hiding behind 'necessary' austerity tearing apart the Civil Service to prime it for even more roles to be carried out by Capita in the future. There's still not a chance in hell either of them would have treated the public with this much disdain.

Tony blair was really good wasnt he? A brilliant liar that took us in a war that wasnt needed. The only honest guy out of the lot seemed to be brown. 

Point im trying to make mate is that both main parties are absolute garbage

Edited by Demitri_C

Â