Generic Virus Thread

villakram

It will be interesting to see if more Tories (and especially Brexiteer Tories) start to line up against Cummings.

Sky News are planning to prevent Grant Shapps from replying with "I'll need to check that for you", by publishing several questions in advance of his interview:

Feels like we've reached the end of Series 3 of a particularly violent box set, perhaps around the episode 7 point, and the villain who was previously regarded as indestructible has, lined up in front of him, all the many people he has wronged. They are armed to the teeth, and motivated by vengeance.

• Like 2

No. 10 have just declared today's stories are fake. They really are going down the Trump route.

It's pretty clear that he's the de facto PM at this point.

The media are lying. The police are lying. Whatever it takes to protect Cummings.

Edited by Davkaus

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No. 10 have just cosiness today's stories are fake. They really are going down the Trump route.

It's pretty clear that he's the de facto PM at this point.

The media are lying. The police are lying. Whatever it takes to protect Cummings.

I saw someone on twitter make a good point about this. 

The one good thing so far about us, compared to America, is that we do not have a brain washing major news organisation (I use that term with gritted teeth) to blindly help deflect and support the 'fake news' they put out there. 

As far as I can see, all the major news outlets are hammering the government for this. I'm not sure they can ride it out. 

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Honestly, how is this news? We've known this for months!

Oh yeah, that's right, the Times has suddenly decided they want Boris out...

To be fair to the Thunderer they've been on his back over lockdown for some time, this hasn't just happened today and as a result of Cummings UK Tour

• Like 1

I’ve generally been of the opinion that sacking and resignations of those in power has been a bit harsh, but in this case it’s absolutely 100% warranted. This is much worse than the guy who opened his door to let his bit of rough pop in.

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Sky News are planning to prevent Grant Shapps from replying with "I'll need to check that for you", by publishing several questions in advance of his interview:

When did Mr Cummings first display symptoms? I'll have to check that for you

On what date did he travel to Durham? I'll have to check that for you

Did he stop on the journey? I'll have to check that for you

If so, did he comply with the 2m rule at all times? I'll have to check that for you

When was the Prime Minister made aware that he had made this journey? I'll have to check that for you

Did Mr Cummings remain in self-isolation for the duration of his time in Durham? I'll have to check that for you

Did he only make one trip, or multiple? I'll have to check that for you

He didn't answer a single one of the questions and when Sophy asked why he hadn't been provided with the answers to the questions he said something along the lines of he thought he was coming on to discuss other matters 🤔

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What is the tactic of the day from the MP’s that backed Cummings yesterday? Have any broken cover yet?

Presumably if the Government are sticking to the "it's all lies, honest" line there is nothing more to say at this point. 

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Presumably if the Government are sticking to the "it's all lies, honest" line there is nothing more to say at this point. 

So they are saying the first trip was ok. Allegations of additional trips = lies?
Wow, there’s a thin line between bravery and stupidity and I think we know which side this falls.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

So they are saying the first trip was ok. Allegations of additional trips = lies?

Not quite. "These stories are inaccurate and we will not comment on inaccurate reports". Just keep saying that until people get bored and move on.

That doesn't say that they are lies. If the journalists really want to push it, if anything in the report, however trivial isn't quite right then "these stories are inaccurate" isn't a lie.

I also think they've misjudged where public mood is on this and their response could have been much better handled.  But I reckon once they didn't just say "fair cop" and apologise in the first place they didn't have many other routes available.

Â