Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Do you reckon Boris Johnson and some of the other ones defending Cumquat knew in advance what he was going to do - gave him the nod to go a-wandering? So that's why they're coming out with all this utter garbage?

There's no way I can see that Johnson at least didn't know about it in advance. Otherwise Cumquat would be gone already.

I think that they've just misjudged this as another minor thing that Twitter and The Guardian is going to rage about for the weekend and it'll all be forgotten by Tuesday. 

And they could still be right. Although I hope not.

55 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just received some rather bad news re my Uncle today.  He’s been in hospital for four weeks after suffering a stroke at home.  72 years of age.  Caught Covid19 whilst in hospital and was having good days and bad days.  It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions for all the family. Nobody has even been allowed to see him at all. 

Now just heard that my Auntie, Niece and Nephew have been called to the hospital to see him as there is nothing more they can do!  

Truly, truly gutted, as i like him a lot and hope the hospital are wrong.  We have a lot of football banter when we see each other and he’s a big baggies supporter.  Now I’m just flat as a pancake with the news. It’s a cruel world we live in sometimes. 

Boing Boing Uncle Pete and please just keep fighting. 🙏🏻

Sorry to hear the news.  All the best to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Ironically, there’s probably never been so much pressure on Johnson to announce another pregnancy as quick as possible.

His other half eighth is probably still recuperating, but there's always the other members of his harem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

His other half eighth is probably still recuperating, but there's always the other members of his harem.

A cheating sex scandal would probably be welcomed by him at this time.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think her cycle of newsworthiness is about done, there must be some secret shag hiding out in some London Mews somewhere they can announce is 4 months up the duff?

But even just a long lense bikini shot ofJohnson on the side of the Serpentine, or him wearing no knickers getting out of a Ministerial Jag.

There must be something they can throw the papers?

Might be time for her maj to do the honourable thing and have a wardrobe malfunction or something.

Is Prince Andrew still packing boxes of Um Bongo for the foodbanks? Perhaps a picture of him delivering his special juice to a girls school or something?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

A cheating sex scandal would probably be welcomed by him at this time.

If only he didn't have super gagging orders on them, he'd have a few up his sleeve he could produce at will

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It's a cabinet rammed full of liars, lead by a PM who's built a career out of constantly, shamelessly lying, elected upon a manifesto of lies. 

I remember talking to an old Tory pre election, I was going to vote for Jezza, and him Bozza. We realised that neither were what most people wanted, and we both agreed that Johnson's defining characteristic is that he lies. The lies are brazen and used to further an agenda, there is no remorse, they lie as a tactic and it has got them this far. So please McGrath, let something good come from Covid 19 and topple this shower less than 6 months into their rule. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd say this was almost impossible

I don't mean the Tories relinquish control, just that Cummings goes - they all understand that without him Johnson is almost unable to govern. For sure an opportunity for someone else, but I just don't believe Boris has a plan of any sort whatsoever. I think if Cummings goes it's a different course for the country, albeit still a Tory one.  

Just now, Jareth said:

I don't mean the Tories relinquish control, just that Cummings goes - they all understand that without him Johnson is almost unable to govern. For sure an opportunity for someone else, but I just don't believe Boris has a plan of any sort whatsoever. I think if Cummings goes it's a different course for the country, albeit still a Tory one.  

Whilst I get that and yes I hope for the same. A word of caution... some of those calling for CUmmings Head in the Tory Party are the likes of Steve Baker, whose form of Brxit is proably worse than Cummings. Beware, behind the one throbber, there's a queue of more dangerous throbbers ready to whisper in Boris' ear

• Like 1

Yes, you look at that list of tory MP’s against Cummings, and they’re not exactly the next NYE Bevan just waiting to be given an opportunity to shine.

People like Bone just imagine they will have more influence on Emu if Rod’s out of the picture.

• Like 1

Lots of talk on twitter about agreeing to an investigation by the cabinet secretary - gives Boris the chance of answering every question with "I don't want to pre-empt the investigation'. For that reason it's a sure thing. Only issue, the public anger (regardless of who you voted for) it'll only build. But another fun thing earlier is the police turning up, in the opinion of the former Durham police chief Cummings broke the law - let's definitely have a police investigation as they'll get his phone, access all the cctv on his route and basically destroy any lie he comes out with - and they can forget their own investigation at that point too. 

So Boris is doing the briefing. 

That suggests to me that they are going to up the defence of Cummings and make things even worse. 

I think they're really misreading the nation on this one. 

• Like 2

They should have had Cummings resign, then done what they do every other time and got him a job at some consultancy and hire him back again on the quiet. It is just as dishonest, but it gives the impression that they give a shit.

The tactic now, of rank hypocrisy just rams down our throats that they think so little of the people they are supposed to govern on behalf of. It's not like America where Trump can hide away almost indefinitely from tough questions, we at least have PMQ's and Starmer will have a chance to pile on the pressure at the next one.

Â