Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Weird thing is, on the excuse Bingo card, Laura Kuenssberg has tweeted at least 4 of those already.

First this she did this morning, her first tweet of the day was to get this morning’s new excuse out.

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I wonder how Boris will cope without Dom.

I should imagine he'll be absolutely fine, with someone else taking the chief advisor role, and 85% of Britain's media dedicated to ensuring that he comes to no political harm whatsoever.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Just imagine being one of those people that have lost their job, missed the birth of a child, lost a parent and not been able to visit them, missed a funeral, caught covid because you couldn’t afford not to work in a petrol station.

Now you find out the rules only applied to you, not to them.

’They’ can use their common sense, just like when they suggested they wouldn’t have died in Grenfell because they’d have used their common sense.

Absolute monsters the lot of them.

And the way all his buddies are coming out to support him just accentuates it, Sunak, Gove etc all saying he’s done nothing wrong so it really is a case of one rule for us and another for them, evidently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Just imagine being one of those people that have lost their job, missed the birth of a child, lost a parent and not been able to visit them, missed a funeral, caught covid because you couldn’t afford not to work in a petrol station.

Now you find out the rules only applied to you, not to them.

’They’ can use their common sense, just like when they suggested they wouldn’t have died in Grenfell because they’d have used their common sense.

Absolute monsters the lot of them.

And they won the election by a landslide. 

What the **** have we become?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Anyone who supports these amoral shits should really be worried about the state of their consciences. 

Technically they would initially need a conscience

• Like 2

I really don’t get involved in the political side of this crisis but I will say it’s disgusting if Cummings doesn’t stand down over this, we all know it’s do as I say not as I do but to flaunt it so obviously in our faces is quite unbelievable.

• Like 1

How many times did they stop for food, drink, toilet, fuel in this 520+ mile journey? They will have entered into shops, food outlets, petrol stations knowingly spreading the virus.

They can’t brush this under the carpet.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I really don’t get involved in the political side of this crisis but I will say it’s disgusting if Cummings doesn’t stand down over this, we all know it’s do as I say not as I do but to flaunt it so obviously in our faces is quite unbelievable.

Same here, don't really get involved in the political side. But this is outrageous and certain politicians trying to justify it's ok is suicide.

He broke the rules simple as that, so I am expecting some repercussion, or this could have public consequences. Like has been said, he obviously didn't just drive all the way without stopping, so who else has he spread it to!

Can't wait for Andrew Marr to rip them a new one tomorrow.

Edited by foreveryoung

The UK health secretary has said he would back the police in any action they wish to take over Prof Neil Ferguson breaking social distancing rules by having a woman visit him at his home.

Ferguson, an epidemiologist who has helped shape the government’s response to coronavirus and who advocated the lockdown, made the right decision to resign, Matt Hancock told Sky News.

Hancock said: “I back the police here. They will take their decisions independently from ministers, that’s quite right, it’s always been like that.

Linky

I really hope this blows up in all their faces as they rally around this fool for putting many lives at risk by breaking the rules he helped create.

Â