Generic Virus Thread

villakram

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So who's sending there kids back to school 1st June then??

My kids are currently year 3 and 5 so weren’t on the list to go back on June 1st, however, we had an email from the school today to say they won’t be opening on the 1st June as previously stated. They are working towards potentially opening 15th June but it’s under constant review.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris letting someone else have a go at doing the briefing, what a guy.

I read today this his popularity in the polls is still higher than it was before Covid-19.

How is that possible?

Priti has said “as I already said” about 6 times now. She looks like it’s taking all her energy not to launch a verbal attack on everybody she sees as inferior to her. She looks like the worst possible type of boss.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Priti has said “as I already said” about 6 times now. She looks like it’s taking all her energy not to launch a verbal attack on everybody she sees as inferior to her. She looks like the worst possible type of boss.

She's awful. Just doesn't answer questions at all. 

Can see why she got so high up. 

1 hour ago, thevillan99 said:

Actually this is a fairly common misconception - the vast majority of the £500bn was in the form of guarantees where they agreed to cover only in the event of default. It was to underpin the system to provide security and not a cash injection. Most of it was actually never needed in the pure sense, but it did stop the panic.

You are right. £50bn for the bank recapitalisation scheme and £50bn to buy RBS. I guess those two amounts happened in separate months.

It wouldn’t be a great leap of imagination to think she could be an awful person, a spiteful colleague and a thoroughly nasty boss.

If I was on the jury I’d be shouting guilty as she entered the court.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It wouldn’t be a great leap of imagination to think she could be an awful person, a spiteful colleague and a thoroughly nasty boss.

It would come as no surprise anyone that there is a list of bullying allegations as long as her expenses.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Went back to read this article again, and noticed this humdinger:

'Asked what her updated estimate for the Infection Fatality Rate is, Professor Gupta says, “I think that the epidemic has largely come and is on its way out in this country so I think it would be definitely less than 1 in 1000 and probably closer to 1 in 10,000.” That would be somewhere between 0.1% and 0.01%.'

55,000 x 10,000 is 550 million. The population of the UK is less than 70 million. It's hard to respect to somebody's opinion when they're in the media making errors like that. 

I think she disputes how many fatalities attributed to Covid-19 are actually caused by the virus. So not as obvious a mistake necessarily as would appear. 0.01% does sound very, very low though,  I agree. 0.1 pretty plausible still?

8 hours ago, trekka said:

I hope not but The Express does have form on saying things like "Killer Winter on the Way" etc every year. I would take whatever they say with a big pinch of salt. 

BY7uguGCAAA7klH.png

My dad read the Express for years and years. 

It is absolute, total guff. 

If the headline said the sun had risen that morning I’d be going outside to make sure

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I read today this his popularity in the polls is still higher than it was before Covid-19.

How is that possible?

Because people are idiots

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because people are idiots

The culture war. 

If people force themselves to believe that he's made a massive **** up with this then they might have to start to get their head around the fact that he's made a massive **** up with that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I still think she takes it up the shitter though

Tens of thousands of coronavirus tests have been double-counted, officials admit

Diagnostic tests which involve taking saliva and nasal samples from the same patient are being counted as two tests, not one.

The Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England each confirmed the double-counting.

This inflates the daily reported diagnostic test numbers by over 20 per cent, with that proportion being much higher earlier on in the crisis before home test kits were added to the daily totals.

Almost 350,000 more tests have been reported in Government data than people tested since the start of the pandemic.

The discrepancy is in large part explained by the practice of counting salvia and nasal samples for the same individual twice.

...more

• Confused 1

Â