Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I look at this Cummings nonsense, and it is a nonsense. I look and I think, god help me if I start giving a shit about him taking his kids to his parents. 

There's the tribalism again. Like you, I'm not particularly outraged about the actual event. But if it had been a Labour politician I'd have felt a bit embarrassed for them, probably expected them to resign, considered them a bit silly, but had a certain sympathy. Cummings, though, I'm hoping for a public crucifixion. 

• Haha 4

Most Tory politician line ever

Mr Cummings and his wife, who was also unwell, stayed at his parents' home while self-isolating.
They added that the couple had stayed in a separate building at the property.

• Like 2

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

If the they sacked Cummings I'd be amazed if they really sacked him, I mean REALLY sacked him.

They never get sacked do they, they get caught red handed and then resign.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

So who's sending there kids back to school 1st June then??

We had a newsletter through telling us all the guidelines and how it will work etc but they did stipulate that they know parents are anxious and there is no pressure applied should we wish not to send our child to school. We replied saying our son was not going back. 

When the rich bastards send their offspring back we will then allow our son to go to school - IF we feel it is safe enough. We will get a good vibe of that because my son's classroom assistant is his aunt 😉

In terms of testing; son was showing symptoms so we requested a test via the govuk website as per GP instructions. It asked how many we want so I applied for my son, my girlfriend and myself. 

I applied for the tests on Thursday morning, got the kits Friday morning and have just had them collected at 9:30am on Saturday morning. All really easy and very straight forward although, there were a few pieces missing from the kits, such as bags and absorbent pads. 

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He’s present at SAGE and he’s the government advisor. He’s active in forming policy. That policy was absolutely do not travel around. If you were symptomatic, do not go out, self isolate. Hancock told people it wasn’t a request. Johnson said do not under any circumstances take grandchildren to see grandparents.

Cummings, the architect of herd immunity and the guy that felt the elderly were expendable, he ignores his own instruction (instruction, not advice) and drives 260 miles to ask elderly parents to look after a child that’s been in a car with symptomatic people for 4 hours.

Did he have his i-pod on playing thrash metal during SAGE meetings?

Other, lesser advisors and officials have been sacked or resigned for doing less. So its an interesting one to observe.

I have no symptoms, I’ve completely obeyed the rules, my life has been thoroughly disrupted. All because his government has been piss poor. Turns out not only were they piss poor, they didn’t think the rules applied to them.

Let them eat cake?

I’m under no illusion he will simply be publicly replaced by someone equally horrid. But it’s pretty basic stuff that he can’t be allowed to be above the laws that apply to me and you.

Clear and well articulated. 8/10 will care in the future. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He’s present at SAGE and he’s the government advisor. He’s active in forming policy. That policy was absolutely do not travel around. If you were symptomatic, do not go out, self isolate. Hancock told people it wasn’t a request. Johnson said do not under any circumstances take grandchildren to see grandparents.

Cummings, the architect of herd immunity and the guy that felt the elderly were expendable, he ignores his own instruction (instruction, not advice) and drives 260 miles to ask elderly parents to look after a child that’s been in a car with symptomatic people for 4 hours.

Did he have his i-pod on playing thrash metal during SAGE meetings?

Other, lesser advisors and officials have been sacked or resigned for doing less. So its an interesting one to observe.

I have no symptoms, I’ve completely obeyed the rules, my life has been thoroughly disrupted. All because his government has been piss poor. Turns out not only were they piss poor, they didn’t think the rules applied to them.

Let them eat cake?

I’m under no illusion he will simply be publicly replaced by someone equally horrid. But it’s pretty basic stuff that he can’t be allowed to be above the laws that apply to me and you.

Cummings is an absolute class A  W⚓

11 hours ago, Xela said:

My throwaway comment didn't go as I expected. 

I followed up on it before reading all the new news about pages loading differently based on people's preferences of person so now I look worse than you. 

Dumb and Dumber? 🤜🤛

PS: At least I can blame my failings on the deadly virus 😉

Edited by Villarocker
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

To be fair, on the 'herd immunity' thing, if he and his wife were actually ill and decided to go and try to spread it around all of his family then at least this is 'all in it together' stuff, isn't it? :)

On a serious note, if he and his wife were ill and were struggling to care for their child then I doubt anyone would fail to have sympathy with the predicament.

That his nearest family members were at the other end of the country is also very difficult. I'm sure there are stories up and down the land that mirror this.

It's a shame that there were no friends nearby to help but it's Cummings so that shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

That the story keeps on changing and that there are now claims that he and his wife went nowhere near their parents when a neighbour appears to have claimed to have seen him at his parents' house (in the garden but still) and so on just doesn't wash.

I'd take a punt that they tested positive, were largely fine, decided (like other members of the Government) that he couldn't give a shit about the laws by which other people were being instructed to abide, took it as a nice excuse to go and visit granny and grandad and for the wife to write an article or two in her rag and for them also to claim to have 'suffered'. Now, it's about doubling down, getting their lackeys to push their tales and rebuttals, and treating the world around them with the utter contempt that comes naturally.

I don't expect him to go anywhere but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does. Edit: Though, even if he does, the influence that he will have already had is entrenched both in style and policy - for what the latter is worth.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm more pissed off about the chief apologist at the BBC once again presenting the government's lies as fact. 

I absolutely despise that woman.

Friend of a friend knows her/worked with her at ITV and her ego is, apparently, bigger than the child support Boris has to pay for his 23 kids.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

On a serious note, if he and his wife were ill and were struggling to care for their child then I doubt anyone would fail to have sympathy with the predicament.

If you are struggling with a child, you are definitely going to struggle to drive 260 effing miles with that child in the car whilst you have the virus

There must be thousands of others in a similar predicament but managed to cope

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you are struggling with a child, you are definitely going to struggle to drive 260 effing miles with that child in the car whilst you have the virus

There must be thousands of others in a similar predicament but managed to cope

I asked my missus yesterday what we would do if we were both tested positive and our 6yo son negative. How are we supposed to cope? He can't cook and clean for himself so we would have no choice but to give him the lurgy too. 

Cummings should not be exempt from that just because his parents have two houses on one property. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I look at this Cummings nonsense, and it is a nonsense. I look and I think, god help me if I start giving a shit about him taking his kids to his parents. 

We all delude ourselves. 

Â