Generic Virus Thread

villakram

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Too true, contact with 111, they have no idea why she still has it, only reason could be she has contracted it again, even though we have been isolating. Now they say we have to isolate for another 14 days then get another test. Weird this, though the fact that I'm sure I have had it, is a little relief.

it just means the tests aren't worth a carrot

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

it just means the tests aren't worth a carrot

I dunno. From a few bits of reading it does seem to linger in some people for a long time, where in others it behaves more as expected.The tests might not be 100% but they're definitely worth a carrot. They're going to a major part of the way out, ultimately.

When all this is over (and hopefully we all survive in tact) do you think people will boycott/cut down on the number of Chinese takeaways they consume ?  After 'The Twin Towers' atrocity , Radio WM interviewed some Balti House owners in Sparkbrook; they said that trade had declined significantly. I wonder, if by association, the same will happen with Chinese outlets ?

12 minutes ago, veloman said:

When all this is over (and hopefully we all survive in tact) do you think people will boycott/cut down on the number of Chinese takeaways they consume ?  After 'The Twin Towers' atrocity , Radio WM interviewed some Balti House owners in Sparkbrook; they said that trade had declined significantly. I wonder, if by association, the same will happen with Chinese outlets ?

No.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I dunno. From a few bits of reading it does seem to linger in some people for a long time, where in others it behaves more as expected.The tests might not be 100% but they're definitely worth a carrot. They're going to a major part of the way out, ultimately.

While it's lingering though is it contagious, as most only isolating for 7 days.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

While it's lingering though is it contagious, as most only isolating for 7 days.

Dunno. Ask me one on waveguide theory, I'm more likely to know the answer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, veloman said:

No but I’d imagine the owners of such establishments will very quickly tire of the bat soup jokes. 

• Haha 1

Â