Generic Virus Thread

villakram

12 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Fair enough, not great if that’s the rules. Would’ve thought the authorities there would be doing more to keep it contained though.

Apparently the law change that was amended due to Omicron requiring 10 days in managed isolation rather than 7 and 3 self isolation kicked in day after. But literature is clear not to leave self isolation before 9th day test results are returned

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

A doubling over last two weeks in England of those in hospital with covid 

You're right, and it is just England. Scotland and Wales acted, while Bunter bottled it (again) and their situation is very different.

In a couple of weeks it's going to be mayhem, after all the Xmas and New Year mingling catches up.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

You're right, and it is just England. Scotland and Wales acted, while Bunter bottled it (again) and their situation is very different.

In a couple of weeks it's going to be mayhem, after all the Xmas and New Year mingling catches up.

Its a sorry state of affairs, Boris basically couldn’t do anything because it would be ignored (followed by the obvious questions about his remaining power).

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Given the news in the Bill Esterson Tweet and the Tory Whopper in the Scottish Tweet

The Tory Whopper also tweeted this today

Thats gratitude for you isn't it

And I'm sure the people left on the Titanic wished for the solidarity and spirit of unity rather than those pricks on the lifeboats trying to benefit from division.

• Like 2

How have people found vaccination centres in the last week or two? When I went, on Tuesday I think, there were literally 20 nurses sat there waiting and I was the only patient in the whole building. It'd been like that for most of the day apparently. This is in a residential area in Nottingham, no idea how representative it is, but it certainly didn't seem a good use of their time.

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This can't be true, @foreveryoung assured us that hospitals were fine and no worse off than normal.

Tbf a large hospital in the midlands only around a week ago did report no increase % in covid admissions.

.....wots the saying ? A weeks a long time in pandemics ?

Edited by hippo

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Tbf a large hospital in the midlands only around a week ago did report no increase % in covid admissions.

.....wots the saying ? A weeks a long time in pandemics ?

It's not just covid admissions though mate. There's a lot of issues as to why, but hospitals have been a state for awhile. An absolute myth that things were just business as normal. 

I've said multiple times, but anyone who has been to A&E or required an ambulance in recent months would know the state the NHS has been in. Now is not the time to get ill. 

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Given the news in the Bill Esterson Tweet and the Tory Whopper in the Scottish Tweet

The Tory Whopper also tweeted this today

Thats gratitude for you isn't it

The pricks are playing nasty political games around a health crisis. I hate every last one of the thieving scum.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not just covid admissions though mate. There's a lot of issues as to why, but hospitals have been a state for awhile. An absolute myth that things were just business as normal. 

I've said multiple times, but anyone who has been to A&E or required an ambulance in recent months would know the state the NHS has been in. Now is not the time to get ill. 

It's because there are at least 25000 staff off due to Covid or quarantine at any one time. 

Â