Generic Virus Thread

villakram

46 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not just covid admissions though mate. There's a lot of issues as to why, but hospitals have been a state for awhile. An absolute myth that things were just business as normal. 

I've said multiple times, but anyone who has been to A&E or required an ambulance in recent months would know the state the NHS has been in. Now is not the time to get ill. 

I work for a hospital. And yes I would agree you're prognosis. 

My point was that around a week ago a large hospital trust reported no growth in covid admissions. 

A further point though waiting to see such a rise may be to late.  A  % of this week's infections will be admissions and deaths come late Jan.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Got the Rona. Nice start to 2022…

Hopefully no worse than a cold for you. 

Get well soon pal. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

How are you feeling? 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Hopefully no worse than a cold for you. 

Get well soon pal. 

Cheers. So far just feels like a cold. Was working out the other day and was struggling to breathe properly and thought “oh here we go”, got tested and sure enough. Breathing is ok now when resting just got a runny nose, a cough and just cannot clear my chest.

• Like 1

Polar researchers in Antarctica have contracted coronavirus despite being fully vaccinated and living far away from civilisation.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/isolated-antarctic-research-station-hit-by-covid-outbreak-20220102-p59lbi.html

These stories are fascinating. Like the one about Argentine fishing crew who all came down with it one day despite being out at sea for weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/isolated-antarctic-research-station-hit-by-covid-outbreak-20220102-p59lbi.html

These stories are fascinating. Like the one about Argentine fishing crew who all came down with it one day despite being out at sea for weeks. 

I read this yesterday. It looks like one person brought it in with them but didn’t test positive until the 7th day they were there. 

So I have joined the Covid club this morning, positive on lateral flow, just been to the local PCR drive in (wow feel like a leper, but understand the staff  have to protect themselves)

So far no lack of taste or smell, no temp, just blocked nose, sinus and normal heavy cold symptoms. Need a good win to cheer me up 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

That’s one theory. I’m sticking with my theory of a MAGA voting penguin refusing to wear a mask. 

Was it the same one who attacked Jussie Smollett? 

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

So I have joined the Covid club this morning, negative on lateral flow, just been to the local PCR drive in (wow feel like a leper, but understand the staff  have to protect themselves)

So far no lack of taste or smell, no temp, just blocked nose, sinus and normal heavy cold symptoms. Need a good win to cheer me up 

Kind of how I feel. Woke up this morning just feeling really exhausted. Slept for well over 8 hours and could easily do another 3, but need to watch the Villa game (9am my time). Just feel really fatigued now. Wouldn’t recommend this to a friend. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

One of my best and oldest friends, tested positive on boxing day. Since the 28th he's been in ICU and on a ventilator being helped to breathe as his lungs aren't doing their job.

He's 40, no underlying conditions. Double jabbed. This new variant is still dangerous.

Wish you (and him!) the best Jonesy! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

One of my best and oldest friends, tested positive on boxing day. Since the 28th he's been in ICU and on a ventilator being helped to breathe as his lungs aren't doing their job.

He's 40, no underlying conditions. Double jabbed. This new variant is still dangerous.

Hope he gets through it mate. 

• Thanks 1

Â