Generic Virus Thread

villakram

My wife's cousin has it bad.  She's double jabbed and texted she's so so glad she is as she's never felt so ill in her life and just keeps thinking how bad she would have been without the jabs. 

Her young daughter has it too and she's been fairly ill too, but nothing like her mother. 

Had a little bit of blocked nose last night, nothing too concerning. Woke up feeling fine then as the morning went on my throat felt a bit sore, again nothing enough to worry me. Was due to go away for a few nights down to London from tonight (had it booked and been looking forward to it for ages) and thought I'd do a lateral just for peace of mind. Of course it's came back positive. Talk about timing. I'm **** gutted. I've literally been nowhere these past few days apart from Villa 💩

• Sad 2

Restrictions coming back? Surely not?!

I mean who could have predicted with a highly contagious disease with no silver bullet vaccine and waining efficacy in the vaccinated population that we'd have to start looking at restricting things when you try to pretend everything's fine and the usual winter bugs join the party as well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Restrictions coming back? Surely not?!

I mean who could have predicted with a highly contagious disease with no silver bullet vaccine and waining efficacy in the vaccinated population that we'd have to start looking at restricting things when you try to pretend everything's fine and the usual winter bugs join the party as well.

Isn't Neil Ferguson the one who is always coming out with pessimistic worse case comments? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MCU said:

Had a little bit of blocked nose last night, nothing too concerning. Woke up feeling fine then as the morning went on my throat felt a bit sore, again nothing enough to worry me. Was due to go away for a few nights down to London from tonight (had it booked and been looking forward to it for ages) and thought I'd do a lateral just for peace of mind. Of course it's came back positive. Talk about timing. I'm **** gutted. I've literally been nowhere these past few days apart from Villa 💩

Where did you sit?  I feel rough as arse today although testing negative.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Where did you sit?  I feel rough as arse today although testing negative.

North Stand Upper. Could have been the packed train journey's or pub I caught it mind.

I’ve been due my booster for nearly 3 weeks and a few of my colleagues at work who had the second jab a few days after me have had both the notification and the booster before me. Confused. They really aren’t rolling out the booster fast enough. A shame to see after all the effort that went into the vaccine rollout plus they aren’t doing a lot of vaccines at the moment day to day so you’d think the booster would be flat out. Worrying the closer to winter we get plus whatever the effects of the vaccine wearing off after time are as well. 

21 hours ago, trekka said:

Hmmm, nearly 50,000 cases reported today.  Not good for a Monday and I dread to think what the numbers will be like towards the end of the week :(.

I remember gasping when the US recorded 100,000 cases in a single day. Absolutely shocked how out of control it was.

Now we record half of that despite having 1/5 of their population.

I know of a lot of children who have had it over the last few weeks. Half term is coming at a good time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No hint of a booster for this old codger.  :(

I’ve just booked it myself using the nhs app. Working for the nhs myself I’d have thought they’d be keen to get more of their employees boosted up quicker.

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve just booked it myself using the nhs app. Working for the nhs myself I’d have thought they’d be keen to get more of their employees boosted up quicker.

Get this for NHS Vaccine logic. My missus is currently working with a school immunisation team. A lot of them aren't due a booster yet, which is fair enough but they can't have their flu jab until they get their Covid Booster, becaue their trust delivers them at the same time for no other reason than to boost their own imms numbers, no logic in it at all. So the people going into the schools can't have a flu jab because  they'll magically avoid the flu until their booster jab is due

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Get this for NHS Vaccine logic. My missus is currently working with a school immunisation team. A lot of them aren't due a booster yet, which is fair enough but they can't have their flu jab until they get their Covid Booster, becaue their trust delivers them at the same time for no other reason than to boost their own imms numbers, no logic in it at all. So the people going into the schools can't have a flu jab because  they'll magically avoid the flu until their booster jab is due

Screenshot_2021-10-19-15-34-46-06_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Â