Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Already booked into have the AstraZeneca vaccine (which grateful to have) for Thursday but just got a text now offering the Pfizer vaccine for Sunday.

What would fellow VT'ers do? Is one "better" than the other or much of a muchness?

I appreciate some people haven't been offerred the vaccine yet @Genieso personally happy with either but got to decide which one to go for!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Already booked into have the AstraZeneca vaccine (which grateful to have) for Thursday but just got a text now offering the Pfizer vaccine for Sunday.

What would fellow VT'ers do? Is one "better" than the other or much of a muchness?

I appreciate some people haven't been offerred the vaccine yet @Genieso personally happy with either but got to decide which one to go for!

I’d go for whichever is soonest, jab wise we don’t really know the difference it’ll have.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Had the AZ mate and I’d honestly say have the Pfizer. Felt like Neil Ruddock’s toilet porcelain for four days after

• Thanks 1

Interestingly, although I had virtually no reaction to my first (AZ) jab, I have had with the second - sore arm, muscle aches, headache and fatigue. But only mild, really, no worse than a minor hangover. 

I'll be interested to see what my antibody test reveals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I’m only half serious with my moaning :lol:  I know there’s a process and more than likely more needy people ahead of me in the queue. I’m working from home, young-ish and heathy-ish. There’s no rush in all honesty.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m only half serious with my moaning :lol:  I know there’s a process and more than likely more needy people ahead of me in the queue. I’m working from home, young-ish and heathy-ish. There’s no rush in all honesty.

I only care if it means I’m prevented from doing something others are allowed to do for no real reason!

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve started vaccinating all family pets over 5 kg’s here.

Any chance I can pretend to be your pet giraffe or something? 

• Like 1

Anyone know if they're sticking rigidly to the 12 weeks? I had my first 13 March, just wondering when I might get called for my second. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Anyone know if they're sticking rigidly to the 12 weeks? I had my first 13 March, just wondering when I might get called for my second. 

Have you tried booking your 2nd jab on the NHS website? I was able to book both jabs on there (the first I had last Saturday, the 2nd the earliest I could book in was for 17th July).  

11 minutes ago, trekka said:

Have you tried booking your 2nd jab on the NHS website? I was able to book both jabs on there (the first I had last Saturday, the 2nd the earliest I could book in was for 17th July).  

Yeah, I'd rather stick to my GP, just much more convenient for me. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I booked mine at the same time over the phone on the National Rollout. My missus who got hers from her trust was booked in for her second, when she went for her first.

The gap between my bookings is 1st April - 22nd June. So 12 weeks minus 2 days

• Thanks 1

Currently in the midst of a passive aggressive email exchange between me on behalf on our firm and Track and Trace

"As I am sure you understand it is a legal requirement to provide this information and for the contact to isolate, it is imperative we contact the Driver to advise them of the exposure."

"I can invent a booking and send you a random drivers name if it makes you feel better but we did not have a booking at X Address on Y date & Time. I will not be repeating this a fourth time. Your information is incorrect and I shall not respond to any further emails unless the information you have changes. I will of course respond to any new information or cases you may present to me"

They are getting on top of this a bit more now, they are down to 6 days since exposure, which given that this is someone who is most likely to have attended the 5.000 capacity gig in Sefton Park, who would have been tested by Monday or Tuesday, it's only taken them a further 4 or 5 days to get in touch

But I just get pissed off with their attitude. Every time I write back to them it's the same aggreesive "its illegal not to provide us with this information" bullshit when usually the reason I'm writing back to them is because they describe the booking address by postcode only which isn't remotely enough information to identify the booking. Today, from the off they've provided enough information to identify a booking (its a first!) but it just doesn't exist and instead of checking with the positive subject, they just keep coming back to me and getting the same answer

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

Any chance I can pretend to be your pet giraffe or something? 

You’d be sticking your neck out a bit with that disguise

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Today, from the off they've provided enough information to identify a booking (its a first!) but it just doesn't exist

What do you mean by this? If the booking exists what’s the issue with telling them who the driver was?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What do you mean by this? If the booking exists what’s the issue with telling them who the driver was?

It's the first time they've provided enough information on first contact to actually identify a booking but the booking they are telling us about does not exist.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It doesn’t exist, therefore the driver doesn’t exist, therefore the car doesn’t exist, nor the Taxi firm, nor @bickster.

I think that’s it, anyway.

Jab.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It's the first time they've provided enough information on first contact to actually identify a booking but the booking they are telling us about does not exist.

I’m still none the wiser :lol: 

T&T: Could you tell us who was driving the taxi that went to [address] on [date/time]?

Bicks: Ah yes, I can see that here in the system, thanks for providing the full address, often the house number isn’t included. 

T&T: Great, could you please confirm the drivers details so we can contact him/her?

Bicks: I’m sorry but I can’t as that booking doesn’t exist. Why won’t you listen?

:lol: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think what @Genie is getting at, is what is this mysterious information that they have provided to you which would enable you to identify a booking, yet the booking doesn't exist.

I assume you mean they have provided an accurate address and time (which they normally don't by the sound of it) but you had no booking for that address at that time? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

Â