Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hmm, would the government have added Turkey to the ‘red list’ now just to try and provoke UEFA into having the final held in the UK? 

It honestly would not surprise me one iota.

Prince William using his influence no doubt.

Just now, bickster said:

Not really, they aren't letting tourists in. In fact none of the green list countries are letting tourists in

I thought Portugal were open to tourists, I know most of the others aren’t.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure, if Wembley or wherever hosted it I imagine it will be at a financial loss.

If they're angling for it I would suggest it's more about stopping lots of people travelling more than to make money. 

• Like 1

Reading this despite not being offered a vaccine yet:

Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status when travelling abroad

From 17 May, people in England who have had a full vaccine course (2 doses), will be able to demonstrate their COVID-19 vaccination status for outbound international travel.

Other countries or territories determine their own border health rules, which may include COVID-19 vaccination status. Check the entry requirements for your destination before travelling.

Absolute bullshit. Can anyone point me to where I’m supposed to request a vaccine from?

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Reading this despite not being offered a vaccine yet:

Absolute bullshit. Can anyone point me to where I’m supposed to request a vaccine from?

Where were you planning to go? The Falklands?

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

One of the places after the Amber review on the 17th of May.

Where were you planning on going? The Falklands?

Not a lot is going to change in 10 days

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Where were you planning on going? The Falklands?

Not a lot is going to change in 10 days

If it does, I want to be able to go. Isn’t it 12 weeks between the first and second vaccine? What might change in 12 weeks assuming I managed to get booked in tomorrow?

Edited by a m ole

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If they're angling for it I would suggest it's more about stopping lots of people travelling more than to make money. 

I’m thinking more the prestige and a further platform for Boris to tell the world how great the UK is rather than any major financial gain.

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If it does, I want to be able to go. Isn’t it 12 weeks between the first and second vaccine? What might change in 12 weeks assuming I managed to get booked in tomorrow?

Almost impossible to say what can happen in 3 months

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Almost impossible to say what can happen in 3 months

Yes, exactly. If, for example, I want to visit my friend in a well performing European country in July or August, I might be prevented from doing so despite them potentially being added to the green list by that time by virtue of being young enough to have significantly reduced chance of being affected by Covid-19.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Yes, exactly. If, for example, I want to visit my friend in a well performing European country in July or August, I might be prevented from doing so despite them potentially being added to the green list by that time by virtue of being young enough to have significantly reduced chance of being affected by Covid-19.

Its not just about you being affected or not though. This has never been just about individual risk

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its not just about you being affected or not though. This has never been just about individual risk

Obviously. If both countries have deemed it safe for travel, enough of their vulnerable population are protected.

In that situation I’m not a risk to anyone (and also by nature of how vaccines work, probably a similar risk as someone whose immune system needed help to fight the virus without a vaccine)

Edited by a m ole

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Also, vaccines are very specifically about individual risk. Yes, there’s a reduction in transmission, but my body is far more likely to be able to suppress it anyway.

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m thinking more the prestige and a further platform for Boris to tell the world how great the UK is rather than any major financial gain.

Yes, there is that as well. If we're bidding FOR The World Cup in 2030 there is no harm in showing we can put on the biggest of matches at the drop of a hat. 

59 minutes ago, bickster said:

Where were you planning to go? The Falklands?

2 weeks all inclusive at the Hilton Stanley. 

Â