Generic Virus Thread

villakram

45 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

I had my AZ shot yesterday, was absolutely fine until about 10pm last night and since then my head has been banging and I ended up watching tv from 2am.

Sorry to hear that.  I hope the symptoms subside for you today and you're able to get that sleep! 

59 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

I had my AZ shot yesterday, was absolutely fine until about 10pm last night and since then my head has been banging and I ended up watching tv from 2am.

I have that every week 😂

In all seriousness tho, get better. I hate headaches with passion. They make me so cranky. My gf even say it's the only time I'm a mean person. I am normally fairly kind, then I get a headache and my personality just changes. I absolutely hate headaches.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I have that every week 😂

In all seriousness tho, get better. I hate headaches with passion. They make me so cranky. My gf even say it's the only time I'm a mean person. I am normally fairly kind, then I get a headache and my personality just changes. I absolutely hate headaches.

The headache seems manageable with ibuprofen but my head is swimming a bit and the ibuprofen has made me nauseous. I have my one year old daughter until lunchtime then hopefully the wife will come and take over so I can have a snooze (and maybe do some work).

1 hour ago, andyjsg said:

I had my AZ shot yesterday

I think that’s pretty much everyone done now, time to pack it all up and plan for the Autumn boosters.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think that’s pretty much everyone done now, time to pack it all up and plan for the Autumn boosters.

UK people in nursing homes have had their jabs, right?

But they're ending up in hospital with an Indian variant, it seems.

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

UK people in nursing homes have had their jabs, right?

But they're ending up in hospital with an Indian variant, it seems.

It wasn’t an entirely serious post!

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It wasn’t an entirely serious post!

No sh!t :)

I'd just read about the Indian situation on that internet and your post seemed a way in to mention this new concern. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Germany has opened up AZ to every adult in the country 

At this stage they might have more uptake if they offered them a lump of freezing cold poison. 

Under 40’s in the UK to be offered an alternative to AZ vaccine due to blood clot risks

All under-40s are to be offered an alternative to the Oxford/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine as a precaution.

The advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation marks an extension to existing guidance where those aged under 30 were given a choice of COVID-19 jab over blood clotting concerns.

Live coronavirus updates from the UK and around the world

Previously, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) had said the balance of risk for the AstraZeneca vaccine against COVID is very favourable for older people but "more finely balanced" for younger groups, who do not tend to suffer serious coronavirus illness.

Latest data from MHRA, shows there have been 242 blood clots in combination with low platelets in more than 28 million people who had the AstraZeneca vaccine up to the 28 April.

Sky News

I guess this explains why the rollout for under 40’s has stalled this week.

Edited by Genie

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sky News

I guess this explains why the rollout for under 40’s has stalled this week.

Not convinced by that tbh. DIdn't they only introduce 45-49 and 40-44 last week?

50 - 54 and 55- 60 were rolled out about two months ago and there was a predicted slowdown in April but I think hoping that the next group down again would be added the following week was a bit optimistic tbh

Great news for Portugal!

The transport secretary says the full list of 12 countries and territories people in England can travel to without having to quarantine upon return will include: 

Portugal 

Israel 

Singapore 

Australia 

New Zealand 

Brunei 

Iceland 

Gibraltar

Falkland Islands 

Faroe Islands 

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands 

St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hmm, would the government have added Turkey to the ‘red list’ now just to try and provoke UEFA into having the final held in the UK? 

It honestly would not surprise me one iota.

It's more likely to be due to their extremely high Coronavirus cases? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hmm, would the government have added Turkey to the ‘red list’ now just to try and provoke UEFA into having the final held in the UK? 

The issue might stem from people flying to the UK from India via Turkey in an attempt to get around restrictions.  That and a high number of cases in Turkey of course. 

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m not sure, if Wembley or wherever hosted it I imagine it will be at a financial loss.

Â