Generic Virus Thread

villakram

21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

So it’s ok to say to the poor that they can’t travel during a crisis, only the rich can?

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Although I agree with the sentiment of your post (hence the like), I don't think Hanoi or Dem were saying that it's ok, just that that's likely what the govt *spit* are going for.

What Stefan said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I really thought I’d be booked in by now after the rattled through the age bands last week.

Yeah I’ve been refreshing the page daily but remained at 40, luckily a friend of a friend is a doctor and said he had space in his clinic, jumped at the chance. 

• Like 1

A long read from the bulletin of the Atomic Scientists regarding the genesis of the pandemic. Worth your time if you are interested in a solid and fair article regarding the current understanding of things.

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/

"I’ll describe the two theories, explain why each is plausible, and then ask which provides the better explanation of the available facts. It’s important to note that so far there is no direct evidence for either theory. Each depends on a set of reasonable conjectures but so far lacks proof. So I have only clues, not conclusions, to offer. But those clues point in a specific direction. And having inferred that direction, I’m going to delineate some of the strands in this tangled skein of disaster."

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If I visit my mom in her garden, can she cook for me or make me dinner? 

Its no different from eating outside in a restaurant so the answer would be yes on that logic ?

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im lost as i didnt say that mate

Yeah I completely misconstrued what you were both saying. My bad chap!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, limpid said:

A pandemic can't have a genesis.

I stopped reading when it said that "the pandemic first broke out". This is someone so illiterate on the subject that it wasn't worth continuing.

(Pandemics are declared, they do not "break out".)

Since when, e.g., 1918? and who declares this, the WHO nowadays. Anyway, there are at least 2 meanings for this, the technical manner in which you interpret it and the common usage. The word itself originates from long, long ago as do pandemics. Genesis itself, operates likewise and is commonly used to mean beginning or origin, and is certainly not restricted to the purvey of the sky fairy crowd. These issues with the language are of course a source of much frustration for the non-native speaker.

Your point is pedantic, and your choice a conscious decision to not potentially inform yourself. That is of course, your right.

• Sad 1

Â