Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

I'm not a big fan of him. That's not to say he isn't a good player.

Just don't like the style of player he is. Was never a fan of the likes of Nistelrooy and Shearer either.

I like complete forwards like Henry and the Brazilian Ronaldo. Strikers who gets you off the edge of your seat. Players who can pick up the ball in their own half and dribble past a whole team.

Would much rather pick Mbappe. Think he's got much more to his game and got more natural talent. But it's all down to personal preference. Prefer Messi to CR7.

Edited by villalad21

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just don't like the style of player he is. Was never a fan of the likes of Nistelrooy and Shearer either.

I like complete forwards like Henry and the Brazilian Ronaldo. Strikers who gets you off the edge of your seat. Players who can pick up the ball in their own half and dribble past a whole team.

Would much rather pick Mbappe. Think he's got much more to his game and got more natural talent. But it's all down to personal preference. Prefer Messi to CR7.

Agree and disagree at the same time

Understand what you mean about wanting more than just a stat player, Ronaldinho is my favourite player for that reason, bergkamp my favourite PL player

But I think that's harsh on Haaland, especially given his age, not sure what kind of player he'll end up being

Said in the city thread I wouldn't go out of my way to watch aguero, he doesn't excite me, if city signed Haaland I probably would watch him at the start at least to see how he did

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Shearer and RVN were completely different players. RVN was just a fox in the box, he offered very little outside the box, I think he only scored 1 of his Utd goals from there. Shearer on the other hand was immense, his hold up play was off the chart (yes he got away with some as England captain). He ran the channels brilliantly, and had an excellent cross. He could shoot from outside the box and bring others into play. 

As for Haaland, well he’s really quick, has ran in from half way line to score, can beat players and does assist.For such a young player he is an incredible talent.

• Like 2

Everybodys very desperate to put him in an ex player box aren't they? He can't be the first Erling Haaland.

Footballers are a product of their environment not a few set pre determined roles based on what's come before them 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Everybodys very desperate to put him in an ex player box aren't they? He can't be the first Erling Haaland.

Footballers are a product of their environment not a few set pre determined roles based on what's come before them 

100%. He's a generational talent. Just enjoy watching him play.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Pep has ruled City out from buying him. Never thought it would happen. 

Well Pep doesn't like nunber 9s and hates Raiola. Apparently they will try sign Lukaku instead since he left Raiola

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well Pep doesn't like nunber 9s and hates Raiola. Apparently they will try sign Lukaku instead since he left Raiola

I can't see Pep signing someone who receives the ball and it bounces 12 feet away from him (most of the time.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

If City go for anyone I think it might actually be Laurito Martinez from Inter. Only 23, much more of a Pep player and should be a lot cheaper than someone like Haaland. 

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If City go for anyone I think it might actually be Laurito Martinez from Inter. Only 23, much more of a Pep player and should be a lot cheaper than someone like Haaland. 

But do the papers know who he is ;)

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But do the papers know who he is ;)

Even if they did (which 2bf they should), it wouldn't sell papers/generate clicks unless they sold it as City stealing him out of Barca's clutches as I doubt most fans have any idea who he is (despite his 21 caps and 11 goals for Argentina).

Wont happen but I'd love him to sign for Villa. 

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Even if they did (which 2bf they should), it wouldn't sell papers/generate clicks unless they sold it as City stealing him out of Barca's clutches as I doubt most fans have any idea who he is (despite his 21 caps and 11 goals for Argentina).

Wont happen but I'd love him to sign for Villa. 

The FM player in me says that if we sign esposito from them we'll win the champions league in 3 years time

Bild are saying they met with Madrid too

I wouldnt put it past raiola for the whole thing to be for show, private jet, limos, journos happening to see them... He's a massive word removed playing a game 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The FM player in me says that if we sign esposito from them we'll win the champions league in 3 years time

Bild are saying they met with Madrid too

I wouldnt put it past raiola for the whole thing to be for show, private jet, limos, journos happening to see them... He's a massive word removed playing a game 

I do usually end up signing Esposito on FM but he could easily go the way of Brewster as so far it's all youth level. 

Completely agree on Mino. Hate the man and it will be a power play, as someone said "if you want to get to Barcelona without people knowing then you can". 

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Leo Messi "demanding" that Barca signs him and not mediocre ones like Wijnaldum or else he'll leave for free. Or so claims Spanish Eurosport...

To be fair 99% of barca fans and even neutral fans would agree... 

Haaland or Depay, aguero and wijnaldum

You're gonna take Haaland 

• Like 1

Â