Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

But Man City are going to Man City…

What (aside from probably one of the best strikers in football today) do they possibly gain from signing Haaland from Dortmund… or any other player from any other country in the world…

when they could spend roughly the same, destabilise and laud it over Spurs instead…

Its what they did to us…

That mural of players since Barry summed it up

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

But Man City are going to Man City…

What (aside from probably one of the best strikers in football today) do they possibly gain from signing Haaland from Dortmund… or any other player from any other country in the world…

when they could spend roughly the same, destabilise and laud it over Spurs instead…

Its what they did to us…

i went with the theory that they're after grealish and kane because they're targeting both marketing growth but then also maybe more importantly national growth, someone had said previously that they'd seen growth of the club in the north but it feels like they've not done a fat lot in the midlands or south and this ribbing they're getting over the emptihad this is a good way of rectifying it long term, they will snatch up some kids with the grealish signing let alone kane

but honest...i think haaland is that good that he would serve more purpose in just about every way possible, he will get them selling man city shirts in the bristol area, he will get them selling shirts in vietnam, he will become hugely marketable off the pitch (if the miserable bastard wants it!) and he's a better player with more years ahead of him...

other than weakening spurs who are weakened enough as it is i dont see the angle, i can see some logic to buying kane but i dont see anything for buying kane instead of haaland

unless for some pure genius footballing reason pep rates kane higher in his particular system or the hierarchy at city really do hate the agent that much

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

That mural of players since Barry summed it up

Precisely…

I got called “self centered” for saying it… but since the Sheiks have taken over, Man City have made a concentrated effort to take our best players once every few years…

It’s almost like a glass ceiling… except for glass, it’s rubber and instead of a ceiling, it’s a boot owned by oppressive human rights abusers with loads of money

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i went with the theory that they're after grealish and kane because they're targeting both marketing growth but then also maybe more importantly national growth, someone had said previously that they'd seen growth of the club in the north but it feels like they've not done a fat lot in the midlands or south and this ribbing they're getting over the emptihad this is a good way of rectifying it long term, they will snatch up some kids with the grealish signing let alone kane

but honest...i think haaland is that good that he would serve more purpose in just about every way possible, he will get them selling man city shirts in the bristol area, he will get them selling shirts in vietnam, he will become hugely marketable off the pitch (if the miserable bastard wants it!) and he's a better player with more years ahead of him...

other than weakening spurs who are weakened enough as it is i dont see the angle, i can see some logic to buying kane but i dont see anything for buying kane instead of haaland

unless for some pure genius footballing reason pep rates kane higher in his particular system or the hierarchy at city really do hate the agent that much

Home grown talent who knows the league already is basically it.  Same with Grealish.  You're getting world class players who are homegrown - there aren't many of them around.

• 3 weeks later...

Two more goals for Norway today, and it’s only half time, putting him at 10 goals in 15 games. The all time record for Norway is 33 goals. Assuming he plays until age 35, he has 14 more years to get the 24 goals he needs to take the record. 

He’ll probably have the record by age 25. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They were playing Gibraltar. 

Absolutely. To be fair, he should have had five. Missed a couple of sitters. 

12 goals in 15 games for Norway, though. 

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Do you think half of Messi's goals should be struck from his records because how shit La Liga teams are?

I reckon those La Liga teams would put 5 past Gibraltar too

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not counting Gibraltar as a real game if I'm being honest. 

So you also don't count Ronaldos goals vs Luxembourg, North Korea, Faroe Islands etc? 

Because he's in double figures vs countries >100th ranked by fifa

Its part of what international football is 

When Harry Kane overtakes Rooney someone will straight away mention how many penalties he's scored, again part of what football is 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I very much doubt those players on Gibraltar are even footballers full time. 

Does that mean Bamford's hatrick against Andorra is meaningless?

Oh wait. 

Edited by TreeVillan
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â