Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

3 league titles, 2 cups, won the league every year since he left with kimmich still there and the best player in the world in whichever position he plays in this weekend 

"took bayern backwards" is a myth based solely on not getting a CL

I'm not sure how continued but lesser dominance isn't anything but backwards?

Bayern CL run the year prior was as dominant as you get. Humiliated Barca before it was ever a thing, Pep never had them playing as good football and they never won the CL under him. Backwards doesn't mean turned them into Kaiserslauten, it means worse than they were before. There isn't an argument that he did anything but.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Bayern CL run the year prior was as dominant as you get. Humiliated Barca before it was ever a thing, Pep never had them playing as good football and they never won the CL under him. Backwards doesn't mean turned them into Kaiserslauten, it means worse than they were before. There isn't an argument that he did anything but.

Champions leagues or European cups shouldn't define a manager. If thats the case then Tony Barton was a better manager than Don Revie. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Champions leagues or European cups shouldn't define a manager. If thats the case then Tony Barton was a better manager than Don Revie. 

It should if your considered the best manager ever especially in an era when you can lose many games and still win it

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

That was 1 season, the 2 years before they won nothing 

Pep turned it in to dominance that hasn't ended yet, never been done before 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It should if your considered the best manager ever especially in an era when you can lose many games and still win it

Its no different to before really. More teams enter. You still have a 16 team knock out competition. One bad display and you can be eliminated. Yes the best teams should win the tournament but they dont always. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Its no different to before really. More teams enter. You still have a 16 team knock out competition. One bad display and you can be eliminated. Yes the best teams should win the tournament but they dont always. 

Think Liverpool lost 5 times in the competition the season they won it in 2019 including 3 group stage losses

Just now, Zatman said:

Think Liverpool lost 5 times in the competition the season they won it in 2019 including 3 group stage losses

Yet the year they lost in the final they battered nearly every single side.  It kind of proves my point. 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That was 1 season, the 2 years before they won nothing 

Pep turned it in to dominance that hasn't ended yet, never been done before 

Not sure how much credit you can give to Pep for this Bayern. He wasn't there very long and they play more like the team that came before him than ever. 

The team he had at Bayern has to win the champions league, he's even directly responsible (and admitted as much) for their exit one year. You don't hire pep to just win the league.

13 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

You don't hire pep to just win the league.

Nope, you hire pep in to grow your brand thanks to his style of football and then set up the infrastructure of the club, all whilst winning the league and cups

He did both of those at Bayern, he's doing both of those at city

Not sure why there's such a hard on over pep has to win the champions league

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope, you hire pep in to grow your brand thanks to his style of football and then set up the infrastructure of the club, all whilst winning the league and cups

Gonna go in circles. Whole thing was about whether he did worse than before not brand power.

Top clubs want the champions league. You don't give Pep Pep wages to get your YouTube channel more views, or is that the basis we're judging him here?

Edited by Rino8
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Gonna go in circles. Whole thing was about whether he did worse than before not brand power.

Top clubs want the champions league. You don't give Pep Pep wages to get your YouTube channel more views, or is that the basis we're judging him here?

What do you think he's at man City for? 

Whats worth more to their owners growing the global fanbase by 1000%* or the CL? He's there to make them bigger, which he's doing

And he did make bayern better, 3 years under pep 3 league titles, 2 cups, 3 years before pep 1 league title 1 cup 1 CL, 3 years after pep 3 league titles 1 cup, he started the dominance 

That's the thing with pep people are fixed on the CL and his measuring stick, if man City win the domestic treble again this year but not the CL then somehow he's failed, that'll give him 3 league titles, 2 FA cups, 4 league cups, the PL record points and the only man in English football to do the domestic treble will have done it twice... But no CL so he's failed? Nonsense 

* that's why man City buy Haaland, you see kids running round with barca and juve shirts with messi and Ronaldo on the back, psg with neymar and mbappe, Haaland gives man City an equivalent and for all the talent they've got and have had before I don't think they've achieved that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The current Champions League format is more difficult to win than a straight knockout competition against just European league winners.

There is a reason why the same names make it to the last rounds now and it’s because you can’t get a lucky draw to the final playing against the champions of rubbish leagues anymore.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What do you think he's at man City for? 

Whats worth more to their owners growing the global fanbase by 1000%* or the CL? He's there to make them bigger, which he's doing

And he did make bayern better, 3 years under pep 3 league titles, 2 cups, 3 years before pep 1 league title 1 cup 1 CL, 3 years after pep 3 league titles 1 cup, he started the dominance 

That's the thing with pep people are fixed on the CL and his measuring stick, if man City win the domestic treble again this year but not the CL then somehow he's failed, that'll give him 3 league titles, 2 FA cups, 4 league cups, the PL record points and the only man in English football to do the domestic treble will have done it twice... But no CL so he's failed? Nonsense 

* that's why man City buy Haaland, you see kids running round with barca and juve shirts with messi and Ronaldo on the back, psg with neymar and mbappe, Haaland gives man City an equivalent and for all the talent they've got and have had before I don't think they've achieved that

Is De Bruyne not an international superstar. For me hes the best midfield player in the world. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Is De Bruyne not an international superstar. For me hes the best midfield player in the world. 

He's world class, best CM in the world 

But kids running continental Europe in man City kits with de Bruyne on the back? I don't see it, I don't think he has that superstar appeal

Another example would be Harry Kane, he's a competitor for Haaland for the world's best striker title but no one gives a **** about Harry Kane, he just ain't got that something something 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Mm what did Pep do revolutionary at Bayern, the youth system hasnt really done anything for them and the club have found more success in Europe going back to the Heynckes formula

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He reportedly wants a million pounds a week when he moves.

I wonder how much of that Raiola would get.

He seems to be quite the goalscorer, but he strikes me being an absolute helmet.

You need real self-confidence to be at the top level but he comes over as an unbearable arsehole.

• Like 4

Â