Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

54 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He seems to be quite the goalscorer, but he strikes me being an absolute helmet.

You need real self-confidence to be at the top level but he comes over as an unbearable arsehole.

Its hard to say, for me he comes across as quite shy but somebody has told him he needs to try to be arrogant as well like Ronaldo or Zlatan. Makes his interviews seem really awkward 

On 09/04/2021 at 19:55, villa4europe said:

He's world class, best CM in the world 

But kids running continental Europe in man City kits with de Bruyne on the back? I don't see it, I don't think he has that superstar appeal

Another example would be Harry Kane, he's a competitor for Haaland for the world's best striker title but no one gives a **** about Harry Kane, he just ain't got that something something 

It’s a shame that they are turning Haaland into a brand he should have come to the premier league on 100k- 150k per week and really prove him self he didn’t strike me as the type to go the same route as Neymar

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s a shame that they are turning Haaland into a brand he should have come to the premier league on 100k- 150k per week and really prove him self he didn’t strike me as the type to go the same route as Neymar

He’s proven himself in the Bundesliga and champions league, why does he have to prove it in prem? If clubs will pay him that much why shouldn’t he ask for that 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s proven himself in the Bundesliga and champions league, why does he have to prove it in prem? If clubs will pay him that much why shouldn’t he ask for that 

No doubt he’ll go where the money is and he’s one heck of a talent,  but to address what you said about Kane and KDB , Haaland is as awkward as KDB personality wise

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree that he doesn't have to prove himself and certainly not in the PL but it was the same with de ligt, can go anywhere he wants, any league any club

But his agent is going to ask for a wage that means 2 maybe 3 clubs in the world can afford him

He can sign for Villa and be an incredibly wealthy man, he already is, he's reportedly earning £7m at 20 years old plus no doubt endorsements and sponsors, he will earn insane money in the next 15 years, more than he could ever spend himself and yet they're trying to get him even more

Its just a bit sad that he's not going to choose the best option based on football and that I believe that's because the choice will be taken away by a scum bag agent and others who will get rich from him 

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

If you picked the best players in the last decade I wonder how many actually played in Premier League 

I don't buy that argument, really, @villa4europe, it's not like he's going to play in China, and wasting his talent for a big payday. The 2 or 3 clubs in the world that could meet his wage demands are also almost certainly going to give him among the absolute greatest chance of domestic and european success. It's the best of both worlds for him.

He's going to be an incredibly wealthy man no matter what happens, but if he plays his cards right, his great-grandkids will also be incredibly wealthy, and he'll have an awful lot of medals to hang up. 

• Like 1

if he was asking for £300k a week for the next 15 years he'd be looking at £234m + bonuses + individual sponsors so lets say £300m in his career, his grandkids will be ok

and £300k a week is at least 6 PL clubs, 1 french, 3 spanish, 2 german and maybe 3 or 4 italian clubs to choose from, literally pick whichever top club in world football that he wants to join

£1m a week is currently no one, psg post mbappe maybe juve post ronaldo and barca post messi, its an absurd amount of money

the crazy thing being that he can join man city for £400k a week, win the league and CL for 5 years straight, then go to psg for £600k a week win the league and CL 5 years in a row then join barca for 5 years and win it all again, he is young enough to make silly money and do anything he wants, instead his agent will tell him to make sillier money and do the transfer that he can get

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If you picked the best players in the last decade I wonder how many actually played in Premier League 

Theres a few like Ronaldo, suarez , de Bruyne, Agbonlahor. 

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ronaldo was nowhere near being one of the best players when he was in the PL, though the rest are a fair shout. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ronaldo was nowhere near being one of the best players when he was in the PL, though the rest are a fair shout. 

Pretty sure he won Ballon Dor at United and finished top 3 a few times

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure he won Ballon Dor at United and finished top 3 a few times

He did

But the PL never saw the argument for best player ever in the history of football Ronaldo, he went up a few gears at Madrid 

I think his Madrid performances and what he became means that he's remembered as being better than he actually was at utd 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

No doubt he’ll go where the money is and he’s one heck of a talent,  but to address what you said about Kane and KDB , Haaland is as awkward as KDB personality wise

That wasn’t me

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Hazard, Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Silva, Aubameyang, Cavani, Lukaku, Bale, Modric, Grealish.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know it’s a flawed metric but if you use the ballon d’Or

2020 no award. 
2019 had 6 Premier League players in the top 10. 
2018 had 4 Premier League players in the top 10. 
2017 - 2 Premier League players in the top 10. 
2016 - 2 players

2015 - 2 players. 

cba to keep going back but in addition to the players that have been named by @PaulC and @will87 I’d add Harry Kane, Nglolo Kanye, Virgil van Dijk, Riyad Mahrez, Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero, Sadio Mane.  Probably plenty more too.  

• Like 1

Â