Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes at the age of 20 hes already scored more goals in the champions league than the Brazilian Ronaldo. 

Somewhat surprisingly Brazilian Ronaldo only played in the Champions League in six seasons and a couple of them were towards the end of his time at Real Madrid where he was really struggling for fitness.  It was a different era back in the 90s, the Champions League didn't have as many entrants as it does now so it was a lot harder to qualify for the competition, he never played in the big cup for PSV or Barcelona and only had one season in it for Inter (where he basically lost three years to injury).  It's an interesting stat, but it's a perfect example of why you can't compare eras. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that’s all well and good, but what about the 21 he’s missed. Wasteful. 😆

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Headers

Link up play

Dribbling

Overall ball control/first touch

Passing

I suggest you actually watch a BVB game. Haaland is a machine at first touches, often takes the ball past defenders with his first touch. Against Brugge last night he amongst other things held the ball up really really well several times. Your argument is futile, the kid will keep banging in goals while you're watching old reruns of how great Henry and fat Ronaldo was in the air.. 🤣

Want to talk about link up play? R9 is a pretty extreme example of a poacher with a really good shot, much like what Haaland is. Haaland is trashing every record there is. You say he needs 'really' good players around him to score, he's done it in Norway, in Austria, in Germany and in a fairly average national side. Aguero, who you claim to be world class, only ever played with extreme playmakers.

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I suggest you actually watch a BVB game. Haaland is a machine at first touches, often takes the ball past defenders with his first touch. Against Brugge last night he amongst other things held the ball up really really well several times. Your argument is futile, the kid will keep banging in goals while you're watching old reruns of how great Henry and fat Ronaldo was in the air.. 🤣

Want to talk about link up play? R9 is a pretty extreme example of a poacher with a really good shot, much like what Haaland is. Haaland is trashing every record there is. You say he needs 'really' good players around him to score, he's done it in Norway, in Austria, in Germany and in a fairly average national side. Aguero, who you claim to be world class, only ever played with extreme playmakers.

Come back when he's taken the ball from midfield and dribble past 6 players and put it in the back of the net and then we can start comparing him to R9.

R9 created his own goals. That's what made him special. And we will never see a striker like that again with such natual ability.

1:50 into this video look at this goal. R9= best ever striker. And please don't mention Haaland in the same sentence!

And the fact that he is 19 years old here is crazy

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Come back when he's taken the ball from midfield and dribble past 6 players and put it in the back of the net and then we can start comparing him to R9.

R9 created his own goals. That's what made him special. And we will never see a striker like that again with such natual ability.

The only one who's comparing him to R9 is you. The rest of us are in awe of a kid from a tiny little village in an average football country currently crushing all records in world football at an age well before Messi/Ronaldo/fat Ronaldo made any sort of wave in big European competitions.

'He's done it in average lagues'. - Top scorer in CL so far. Youngest ever player to reach the amount of goals in CL. Hat tricks in 3 leagues and CL before he's turned 21. Scores in troves for his national side. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1:50 into this video look at this goal. R9= best ever striker. And please don't mention Haaland in the same sentence!

Says the guy posting a R9 video in the Haaland thread. 🤔

R9 played for the best team in the world with the best playmakers in the world when he made that goal. By your logic he wouldn't be able to do it if he was in a lesser team.

• Like 1

World class finishing aside, his first touch is absolutely sublime. I don't think I've ever seen someone beat a man with their first touch so often.

The only criticism I could possibly have of him is that his dribbling looks very untidy. It's still effective though so it doesn't really matter, I think I've just been spoiled by watching Grealish every week.

12 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The only one who's comparing him to R9 is you. The rest of us are in awe of a kid from a tiny little village in an average football country currently crushing all records in world football at an age well before Messi/Ronaldo/fat Ronaldo made any sort of wave in big European competitions.

'He's done it in average lagues'. - Top scorer in CL so far. Youngest ever player to reach the amount of goals in CL. Hat tricks in 3 leagues and CL before he's turned 21. Scores in troves for his national side. 

If you can't dribble you can't be in the conversation for me.

Dribbling is the most difficult thing you can do on a football pitch. It's what make the likes of Henry and R9 stand out from the rest.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If you can't dribble you can't be in the conversation for me.

Dribbling is the most difficult thing you can do on a football pitch. It's what make the likes of Henry and R9 stand out from the rest.

yet you highly rate Keinan Davis, hardly a brilliant dribbler

Would you have Davis above Haaland

19 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Couple of points of order here.  Leeds isn't that tiny, and Brazilian Ronaldo had been tearing European football up for a few seasons by the time he was Haaland's age, it's just that he was doing it in the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup before everything got consolidated into the current Champions League format.  I'm not sure how old you are or if you remember 90s football but the UEFA Cup often had a lot of the "glamour ties" between big names because of how it was organised there.  Ronaldo won the Cup Winners Cup and the Ballon d'Or in the equivalent season age wise to where Haaland is this year.   He'd won the "FIFA world player of the year award" (which has since been merged with the Ballon d'Or) as a teenager based on his form at PSV. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Couldnt have described Leeds better myself

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So triggered because of one person not labeling the man world class🤣

I don' think anybody's triggered. I think we simply disagree with your preposterous opinion on a topical chat forum.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

And the fact that he is 19 years old here is crazy

Ronaldo isn't even Brazil's best ever striker. Only one Pele!

Â