Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think you should be using arguably the greatest strike of all time as the "bar for strikers when talking about world class"

That's like saying a car isn't fast unless it's as vast as a Bugatti Veyron.

It's a game of opinions buddy.

To me you need to have more to your game than just finishing and movement to become world class.

R9 set the bar for me. He could do anything. Was a complete striker and had no flaws to his game. Thierry Henry was another one of those complete forwards. Strong, good in the air, fast, good finisher, excellent dribbler, good passer of the ball. No real weaknesses really.

You could compare Haaland to someone like Nistelrooy who is another striker i never thought were world class.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

To me you need to have more to your game than just finishing and movement to become world class.

R9 set the bar for me. He could do anything. Was a complete striker and had no flaws to his game. Thierry Henry was another one of those complete forwards.

henry was a winger at 20 years old with 15 league goals to his name

hadnt even failed at juve by 20 years old, developed in to a world beater under wenger

you are again comparing a kid who is better at this stage of his career to a player who developed in to world class later in their career 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

R9 set the bar for me. He could do anything. Was a complete striker and had no flaws to his game. Thierry Henry was another one of those complete forwards. Strong, good in the air, fast, good finisher, excellent dribbler, good passer of the ball. No real weaknesses really.

Thierry Henry and Brazilian Ronaldo were good in the air 🤔🤔🤔 

What is this bullshit 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

henry was a winger at 20 years old with 15 league goals to his name

hadnt even failed at juve by 20 years old, developed in to a world beater under wenger

you are again comparing a kid who is better at this stage of his career to a player who developed in to world class later in their career 

Not really comparing. Just saying what i view as world class.

As of now Haaland has too many flaws in his overall game.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Not really comparing. Just saying what i view as world class.

As of now Haaland has too many flaws in his overall game.

Not sure why I'm still playing... 

Henry wasn't world class at 20, he wasn't even a striker at 20, he was developed in to a world class striker at arsenal when he was older 

Haaland is 20, he is better than Henry was at the same age, he is better than kane was at the same age

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not sure why I'm still playing... 

Henry wasn't world class at 20, he wasn't even a striker at 20, he was developed in to a world class striker at arsenal when he was older 

Haaland is 20, he is better than Henry was at the same age, he is better than kane was at the same age

I don't get your point.

I'm just stating what to me is world class and what isn't. To me he is not there yet.

I brought up Henry and R9 because of what i define as truly world class.

I didn't try to compare the 20 year old R9 or the 20 year old Henry. Because that was never the point i was making.

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You could compare Haaland to someone like Nistelrooy who is another striker i never thought were world class.

I think you've missed my point. Or you don't understand what "setting the bar" means.

Setting the bar means you are setting the standard of what world class entails. I merely suggested using the best striker of all time to "set the bar" doesn't really make sense. You're basically saying no other striker in history has been world class.

My point wasn't about Haaland. I've seen Haaland play about 10 minutes of football ever so I have literally no opinion on him other than his stats are insane for someone his age.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I think you've missed my point. Or you don't understand what "setting the bar" means.

Setting the bar means you are setting the standard of what world class entails. I merely suggested using the best striker of all time to "set the bar" doesn't really make sense. You're basically saying no other striker in history has been world class.

My point wasn't about Haaland. I've seen Haaland play about 10 minutes of football ever so I have literally no opinion on him other than his stats are insane for someone his age.

Not saying you need to be as good as him to be considered world class.

But you need to have more in your locker than just good finishing and movement.

But if you asked me 15 years ago who would i rather take, Etoo or Nistelrooy i'd take Etoo any day of the week.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I don't get your point.

I'm just stating what to me is world class and what isn't. To me he is not there yet.

I brought up Henry and R9 because of what i define as truly world class.

I didn't try to compare the 20 year old R9 or the 20 year old Henry. Because that was never the point i was making.

I agree he's nowhere near world class yet. I don't think Aguero is world class either. Suarez yes!

Edited by PaulC

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sure he highly rates the forward play of Keinan Davis and thinks he should be a regular starter 

Suppose it kills off the theory he is a Leeds fan 😉

Therein lies the genius of his argument :P

Â