Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed, £8.5m is nothing in today’s market, it’s early days but he looks to be a great find by the recruitment team.

FTFY

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/03/2020 at 03:09, danceoftheshamen said:

Still way too early to judge Samatta, as for last summers window i've said it before but will say again that they have basically pretty much made the exact same mistakes as we did in the 2016 money-ball thing.....Buy cheap players with potential from little leagues who have no prior Premier League experience. Same outcome sadly... now watch them all cry for a move when we go down just like Veretout & co did back then.

Wesley, Samatta, Trez, Engels, Luiz, Nakamba, Guilbert. I wonder how many of them will stay next season if we drop?

We'll obviously lose Grealish (Looks like maybe his head has been turned already tbh) & i can't see us keeping hold of McGinn either. The rest i'm not actually bothered about any of them they are all easily replaceable.

spot,spot,spot on.

I guess, we have to get it right one day.

I really like him....but he has to score to be classed as a success.....time will tell.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Get the crosses in and he'll score, think that's pretty obvious from what we've seen so far.

I don't think he is the only one.....easier said than done, getting them in.

quality crosses that is.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I really like him....but he has to score to be classed as a success.....time will tell.

I don't think he is the only one.....easier said than done, getting them in.

quality crosses that is.

Totally agree. I think he will. Out of interest with 10 games left, what would you consider a success? I personally would say 4 or 5 goals in those 10 would be good, any more would be excellent.

Also, who do you think are our best crossers? Jack, Elmo, Targett isn’t bad, McGinn is good... probably more?

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Totally agree. I think he will. Out of interest with 10 games left, what would you consider a success? I personally would say 4 or 5 goals in those 10 would be good, any more would be excellent.

Also, who do you think are our best crossers? Jack, Elmo, Targett isn’t bad, McGinn is good... probably more?

scoring 4 goals in in 4 games in the 98th minute and accruing 12 points.

what better way of scoring?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Good business is a better way to descibe it.

fair comment, it is looking that way....he just has to confirm, by putting the ball in the onion bage.

9 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

No mention for El Ghazi as being one of our better crossers? For some reason, he is always overlooked by our fans, I don’t know why

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No mention for El Ghazi as being one of our better crossers? For some reason, he is always overlooked by our fans, I don’t know why

You’re right SGC, he is a good crosser. I hope we see the best of him!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He has a good technique, but he's usually hurrying a bit, and not handing out good crosses. I might be wrong, but to me he's more trying to score than pass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

El ghazi is too inconsistent to be a top player in my eyes. 

One heavy tackle and he disappears is my way of.looking at him, if he can remove that from his game he would be a good player 

• Like 1

I like Samatta. I see potential in him I never saw in Wesley (sorry Wesley). I'm not sure Samatta can save us yet, but I'd hang onto him long term, even if he didn't score loads in the last ten games.

• Like 1

Â