The Royal Family

Genie

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It will be time to have a grown up conversation about the place of a monarchy and one person being literally above the law in 21st century Britain. It's not happening while "the nation" is in mourning, but the sight of King Charles or whatever he calls himself, taking the crown in full ceremonial garb and queen Camilla sat next to him will be distasteful enough to many to start the conversations, I hope

Conversations? Shouted down as woke commie traitors by the Mail/Express gammon flagshaggers. 

14 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

This is going to be like the Gerard thread

BUT WOULD POCH TAKE THE JOB REALLY? LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER MONARCHIES HE COULD TAKE! HOW MANY HAVE TO DEAL WITH an alleged nonce!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I’ve heard that she’s passed away. Current statement is a placeholder more than anything else, apparently. 

Yup. Commons has emptied, the BBC have just swapped over to dark outfits. London Bridge is down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

100%. If Charles was smart he'd hand it to William right now. 

I think that would be an excellent idea for all concerned.

Plus, a Villa fan in Bucks Palace! Maybe we'd get more VAR calls go for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Yup. Commons has emptied, the BBC have just swapped over to dark outfits. London Bridge is down.

There is definitely something going on, given the broadcasts. 

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's going to be bizarre, staying silent and rolling my eyes to "God Save The King"

Is that really going to be the new anthem, will sound even worse sung at sporting events? I assume England in nations league will be first time it's sung at end of the month.👎

Just now, VillaChris said:

Is that really going to be the new anthem, will sound even worse sung at sporting events? I assume England in nations league will be first time it's sung at end of the month.👎

Of course, yeah. First time in my life there will be a King. That will take some getting used to.  

20 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm not a hardcore royalist, but the queen does some good work, and has represented the country admirably.

The Royal Family has significant tourism value if nothing else.

I would be very sad to hear her passing, and unfortunately I don't think it will be long, especially if the Family have been summoned.  

France has far more tourists. Now what did they do with their hereditary parasites 🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’ve heard that she’s passed away. Current statement is a placeholder more than anything else, apparently. 

They're following protocol to get the nation used to her going, think they'll pin some notice at Buckingham Palace to announce her passing so anyone in London get down at the front and you'll have a valuable selfie on your hands if you wait around a few hours.

• Like 1

Â