The Royal Family

Genie

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'm not questioning the truth of what Meghan has said in the Oprah interview but I find it all rather distasteful. The fact that they didnt name the person that said that about the colour but ruled out the grandparents have made the whole world think thats it either Charles or William.  William has done a lot to raise awareness for mental health and he will no doubt be the next king of england. 

I think you're forgetting someone?

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'm not questioning the truth of what Meghan has said in the Oprah interview but I find it all rather distasteful. The fact that they didnt name the person that said that about the colour but ruled out the grandparents have made the whole world think thats it either Charles or William.  William has done a lot to raise awareness for mental health and he will no doubt be the next king of england. 

Maybe Camilla? 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So you'd rather they named the person and threw them under the bus. The issue isn't that one person in the Royal Family said something offensive but that the entire institution was completely unwelcoming and that these views are entrenched. I'd imagine that the reason they ruled out the grandparents is that given his history for making racist comments everybody would automatically assume that this was Phillip. It could be any member of the Royal Family and it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't see how it is distasteful for someone to raise these issues either. Sure people might prefer to remain oblivious to the fact that this happened but it is the comment made to her that is distasteful not her recounting her experiences.

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

What if though, you suspected it was about your race but it turns out it was because of your predilection for not wearing socks?

The people of Nosocktopia should not be discriminated against

38 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

So you'd rather they named the person and threw them under the bus. The issue isn't that one person in the Royal Family said something offensive but that the entire institution was completely unwelcoming and that these views are entrenched. I'd imagine that the reason they ruled out the grandparents is that given his history for making racist comments everybody would automatically assume that this was Phillip. It could be any member of the Royal Family and it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't see how it is distasteful for someone to raise these issues either. Sure people might prefer to remain oblivious to the fact that this happened but it is the comment made to her that is distasteful not her recounting her experiences.

The comment was said to Harry not her and of course thats wrong.  They might as well as thrown that person under the bus because now its come out the truth will get out

Edited by PaulC

45 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The comment was said to Harry not her and of course thats wrong.  They might as well as thrown that person under the bus because now its come out the truth will get out

It’s something up their sleeve if the Royals want to play dirty in the press.

13 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Piers Morgan has been sacked from GMB.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Edit: apologies, he quit.

Is it a coincidence that he's doing this just as two new, explicitly right-wing TV stations open their doors? Or am I too cynical?

• Like 3

Â