Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

I’m looking forward to seeing how he does tomorrow. He needs a run in the team otherwise it was pointless signing him. 

His induction song was also encouraging, didn’t seem p****ed and wasn’t chatting up anyone as far as I could tell. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Elton said:

I’m looking forward to seeing how he does tomorrow. He needs a run in the team otherwise it was pointless signing him. 

His induction song was also encouraging, didn’t seem p****ed and wasn’t chatting up anyone as far as I could tell. 

His team induction song was interesting. I just looked at him and thought what a tool! Conversely I took to Reina straight away. I’m not sure what it was about either of them but one came across as likeable, one of the guys but the other just looked like the sort of bloke that you always sit at the other end of the table from. Anyway, so long as he works hard and plays well, I’m sure I will take to him.

I am concerned that he is too similar to our other MF players though. We need hustle and bustle not another bloody quarterback!

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

His team induction song was interesting. I just looked at him and thought what a tool! Conversely I took to Reina straight away. I’m not sure what it was about either of them but one came across as likeable, one of the guys but the other just looked like the sort of bloke that you always sit at the other end of the table from. Anyway, so long as he works hard and plays well, I’m sure I will take to him.

I am concerned that he is too similar to our other MF players though. We need hustle and bustle not another bloody quarterback!

I agree with this - I didn't take to him in his initiation video, but I took to Reina. Hopefully that's not too indicative of his personality, otherwise I reckon he might rub people up the wrong way. After reading that NY Times article, it seems the backroom staff need to help him to enjoy his football again in order to get the best out of him. With a love for the game again and a tireless runner in front of him, like it seems we might get in Samatta, we may seem glimpses of the player that he was at Leicester.

As you say, I don't think we needed another quarterback-style midfielder and I was really not in favour of signing Drinkwater, but getting him alongside a combative midfielder (Nakamba or, hopefully, a new signing like N'Zonzi), and with everything else falling into place, it could actually work.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Where can you see this? 

Maybe I am being unkind! I just did not take to him but instantly took to Reina. I don’t know why but it was just a gut feeling. Reina just seemed a bit more humble even though he had far more to be cocky about.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Two awful performances, massively off the pace, not clear, at this rate, whether he will ever be up to speed.

You can’t blame him

You have to question the management, he has been thrown in at the deep after essentially being on a bender for two years

Â