Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

Whether we should be patient with him or not, did anyone actually bother going to watch him before we signed him on loan? Has he been playing reserve games or anything that some of our scouts could have been checking out? Otherwise it seems we have signed a player soley based on reputation from years ago.

He's so so far off the pace I have to assume it is pure negligence from the powers that be that we've signed him on LOAN as the absolute best case scenario is he's finally up to speed by the time we're already relegated.

Clearly nowhere near ready, I'd be playing every one of our midfielders ahead of him and I think most of those are limited at best. In fact, I'm trying to work out if McGinn would still be fitter as of today...

Such a weird signing.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Of course he can come good.

Why are some so quick to write players off?

This guy was a key part in a Premier League winning team just three years ago and is still only 28.

He May not be the answer for us that true.But give him chance to stake his claim.

Because there’s no time to ‘bring him up to speed’ just like we wasted all that time with bringing Bolasie up to speed.

Bringing him in to bolster the squad because of injuries is not a problem.

Using up a precious loan spot when we have 0 fit strikers, and sticking him straight into a team that’s already full of errors when he’s clearly not fit I have a huge problem with.

In his current state he’s a downgrade on what we already have in the squad, and we’re wasting point winning opportunities getting him fit.

Get him fit, THEN play him. He’ll either get injured or be completely void of any confidence if he continues to play in this sorry state

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Of course he can come good.

Why are some so quick to write players off?

This guy was a key part in a Premier League winning team just three years ago and is still only 28.

He May not be the answer for us that true.But give him chance to stake his claim.

Im all for giving hims chance to stake his claim but he basically has walked straight into the starting 11, Luiz makes a mistake he’s dropped same with nakamba, Drinkwater starts v watford regardless of form probably

Hopefully he’ll improve as he picks up match sharpeness. Looks a bizarre signing at the moment.

Smacks of a Terry pick, knows him from Chelsea and he’s probably a good laugh on the piss in Marbs. Amazed that Smith or Suso agreed though. I guess with no budget left for a CM they didn’t have much choice. 

• Thanks 1

It’s difficult as I think there is a player there, he is very calm on the ball and wants to get involved but is nowhere near fit enough. It’s wether you stick with it and hope he gets fit in the process. I can see why Smith played against city (to give him game time in a game he knew he was going to get beat) but today wasn’t really the time. I wouldn’t start him against Watford but maybe after 60 mins if we are doing okay.

There's a quality in player in there - I feel we are going through pain barrier at the mo - hoping that we find that quality player.

Don't think he is a significant downgrade on our other midfield options. 

• Thanks 1

Â