Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

At most he should be having minutes in the u23’s. I have nothing against him but he hasn’t played any football for two years. He’s not fit enough for non league atm he is so far off the pace. I think in a month a few cameos off the bench will be okay for him but starting with him is utterly stupid. 

At this rate it’s better to start me in Midfield. I might last 15 rather than the ten Drinkwater is. 

Positives, he didn’t seem p****ed and I didn’t see him chatting anyone up. He also got some much needed minutes in.

I think we have to wait and see if he can still do the football stuff when he’s match fit, if we’re able to give him enough time to do so, which we might not be able to.

I’m not writing him off yet and have to trust Smith’s judgement. He may bring the most value to us in putting Douglas under pressure to win back and keep his place.

Edited by Elton

Well, he clearly needs game time to get back to his old self and there were some better glimpses today along the bad bits. Problem is, we don't have the room for someone who hasn't got their shit together at the moment. Bench, for me, for now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well, he clearly needs game time to get back to his old self and there were some better glimpses today along the bad bits. Problem is, we don't have the room for someone who hasn't got their shit together at the moment. Bench, for me, for now. 

Agree promising signs but yes bench for now, 38 year old Gareth Barry would be more useful tbf

• Like 1

Possibly slower than Hourihane. So unfit.

Thought he showed for the ball a bit and tried to use it, can't be easy playing with Nakamba.

Damning of the squad he's being picked ahead of so many. Luiz played himself out and has probably just played himself back in.

I don't think Lansbury or Hourihane are good enough to be more than squad players at this level. They're clearly more capable than the performances he's put in so far though.

By the time he's fit and match sharp, the season will be almost over and we'll have dropped points to increase his value for another team.

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah, you can.

First time I've ever agreed with you but, even if I detested you, which I don't, I could not argue against that. 

Having said that, he's had a couple of starts without completing 90 minutes. Maybe, hopefully? He can come good. 

Â