• Trézéguet
    • Wesley
    • Kodjia (Wesley 71)
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 78)
    • Nyland (Heaton 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/20 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Absolutely, we bossed the first half, weathered the storm after the first 15 mins in the second half but continued to look dangerous and we should really have scored another one at least.

But then, that’s what happens when you follow football by stats instead of watching the pissing matches.

Luiz should've converted against the keeper, instead lobbing it into his arms for a comfortable save, aside from that what were our chances that threatened in the second half?

Agree we were better side first half, plain to see, but second half I don't think we ever looked like retaining the ball for long, not enough to create anyway, and that's skewed the stats.

I'm not at all suggesting our win was anything different to deserved, but second half, especially after finding a goal, Burnley did little to ask serious questions of our defense.

Their fans were howling and even booing their play at times, they'd been calling for Burnley to at least try something to test our lines, but Burnley just racked up aimless possession.

• Like 1

First half was great to watch, didn’t enjoy the second at all.. Grealish is absolute class, he’s doing it week in week out now, don’t know how long we’ll keep hold of him? 
I was wrong about Kodjia, he’s shite and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team.. 

I've been too critical, so credit to Wesley, who was superb today, considering what has been. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad. 

Great team effort today too. Grealish another class as per usual. Long may it continue, but now we need to strengthen. 

2 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

I’ll make a proper post later on, but more importantly wishing a speedy recovery to both Wesley and Heaton. Both looked like serious injuries that could end both of their seasons. Such a shame as they were both fantastic today. 

Totally agree. We need to make a complaint anything about the referee that challenge on Wesley is what ends careers. Mee knows what he is doing there. 

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Luiz should've converted against the keeper, instead lobbing it into his arms for a comfortable save, aside from that what were our chances that threatened in the second half?

Agree we were better side first half, plain to see, but second half I don't think we ever looked like retaining the ball for long, not enough to create anyway, and that's skewed the stats.

I'm not at all suggesting our win was anything different to deserved, but second half, especially after finding a goal, Burnley did little to ask serious questions of our defense.

Their fans were howling and even booing their play at times, they'd been calling for Burnley to at least try something to test our lines, but Burnley just racked up aimless possession.

this is how I saw it as well. well earned points and we should have been three up anyways because that VAR offside call was pathetic, so the game ended up being more nerve-wrecking than it should have been.

• Like 1

Excellent first half performance. Five more wins to go!

Kodjia is a disgrace. This will most likely be the only opportunity in his career to play in the Premier League and he doesn't give a flying ****.

Get rid, asap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spray said:

Excellent first half performance. Five more wins to go!

Kodjia is a disgrace. This will most likely be the only opportunity in his career to play in the Premier League and he doesn't give a flying ****.

Get rid, asap.

Agree ..... shocking application from Kodjia. Sell now !

VAR was obviously diabolical. Had we not held our nerve our Premier League survival and untold millions that comes with that could have been dashed by some idiot eyeballing lines on his fancy graphics program and then ruling off a goal for something that happened in the build up play. Nobody, and I repeated nobody wants goals ruled off for things like that. They need a minimum "clear and obvious" distance to overturn a goal for an offside, whether it's 10cm or whatever.

Jack and Doug were brilliant in the middle. I think the formation worked a treat. We looked strong at the back, we looked better able to get forward. I think it really worked well today.

I think we absolutely had the better chances. Apart from the VAR goal, we had several other chances that we'd have buried if we were a bit more confident and in tune with each other. Luiz's poor effort in the 3 on 3 and the fail to cut back to Trez being the most obvious ones.

Regardless of performance, it's all about points, and that was absolutely massive for a team who can't get a result away from home. Fingers crossed for Heaton and Wesley.

One other thing, seeing Westwood was a great thing. Reminded me why I had no time for him in a Villa shirt. Does nothing going forward, doesn't do enough defensively and his set piece deliveries are generally poor. 

• Like 2

Just now, Herman22 said:

One other thing, seeing Westwood was a great thing. Reminded me why I had no time for him in a Villa shirt. Does nothing going forward, doesn't do enough defensively and his set piece deliveries are generally poor. 

Very happy to see him taking that free kick from just outside the box as I knew that was no chance he'd score that.

We probably need to match our points from the first half of the season in the 2nd half, great start picking up a win in the first game of the second half of the season. Another 15-18 points should be enough to stay up.

Â