• Trézéguet
    • Wesley
    • Kodjia (Wesley 71)
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 78)
    • Nyland (Heaton 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/20 at 23:59

I'm genuinely stunned that Westwood has made a career at this level. Several years after leaving us, he still seems to hide from thew ball when his team aren't on top. He's a dreadful footballer, yet somehow he's a multi-millionaire. What a world.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Herman22 said:

One other thing, seeing Westwood was a great thing. Reminded me why I had no time for him in a Villa shirt. Does nothing going forward, doesn't do enough defensively and his set piece deliveries are generally poor. 

He does the simple things well so I hear. Future England captain and all that. Lulz :)

I've watched Sky's highlights and I love what the commentator said about us today: "Aston Villa are scrapping to survive but... they're doing it in style!". Nice.  : D  More style please guys, in our remaining league matches !

• Like 1

That was a massive win! I must admit I thought looked a bit desperate when I saw the line up with three at the back, didn't think we would have had the time to implement that in training, and felt a bit like DS had abandoned his playing style philosophy. But massive credit to the management who made the switch and the players who adapted to it perfectly. Probably having Mings back was what made it click, you could see how he was constantly shouting orders and giving directions. Against rugby style Burnley with the presence they have in the air it was a smart move to have three centre backs. It made us look so much more solid, also with Nakamba and Luiz sitting in front. Despite looking quite defensive we still managed to play quite well and get into good positions. I don't really know what positions Jack and Trez were supposed to have, but it worked. We weathered the storm in the first 15 mins of the second half, and I would have wanted us to keep more possession, but at the end of the day we got the points. That was so important. It was a good display, but to be fair, Burnely were awful in the first half, like Norwich were when we beat them away. We will need to win more games away on our own merit from now on and not just let the wins come when the opponents have a day off.

As for VAR, **** off.

• Like 3

Only been able to see the first half, but whatever. 

Grealish top notch. 
Wesley good stuff. Should have buried his first chance, but made it right with quick foot work on the second. 

Konsa very good. 

Mings is absolutely instrumental i organising us, but I knew that already.

Guilbert superb.

Taylor is crap.

Luiz good. 

Trez did really well. Indirectly the reason for both of our goals. Good half. 

Crossing was absolute shite once again.

Back 3 looks very comfortable.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely stunned that Westwood has made a career at this level. Several years after leaving us, he still seems to hide from thew ball when his team aren't on top. He's a dreadful footballer, yet somehow he's a multi-millionaire. What a world.

If Head injury Baker could make it as a professional footballer playing in the Premier league, anyone can

9 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

We probably need to match our points from the first half of the season in the 2nd half, great start picking up a win in the first game of the second half of the season. Another 15-18 points should be enough to stay up.

Second half of the season started against Watford, we have played 21 of  38. Think we may need more than 40 to stay up this year. An awful lot of teams already sat in the mid 20's, Norwich look like they are starting to get a little cut adrift but otherwise there are only 6 points between Watford in 19th with 19 points & Everton in 11th on 25. Everyone in the bottom 10 is only a good/bad week away from changing positions dramatically at the moment

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He scooped 2 Burnley player of the year the other season and got double figure assists from memory. Did you just pick this game to write him off?

• Like 1

Very good and much needed win today, excellent first half and we scrapped well in defence when under more pressure in the second.

I’ve given Grealish MOTM but Mings’s return to defence was massively influential today. 

Let’s hope this is a turning point and also that they both stay fit for the rest of the season. On that subject, Heaton’s injury was worrying. Without wishing to be cynical, I will be surprised if Wesley’s is too serious.

23 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Without wishing to be cynical, I will be surprised if Wesley’s is too serious.

Look at the photos in the Wesley thread. His knee looks f***ed. Would be surprised to see him again this season

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He scooped 2 Burnley player of the year the other season and got double figure assists from memory. Did you just pick this game to write him off?

I'll admit I don't make a habit of watching Burnley so today may well be an off-day. Looked all too reminiscent of how he played for us though.

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'll admit I don't make a habit of watching Burnley so today may well be an off-day. Looked all too reminiscent of how he played for us though.

I think he was victim of a shite situation as far as we were concerned

• Like 1

Â